ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

exhaust and MOT

FOR SALE - Mk1 V6

my mate has a hole in his exhaust and i was wondering if we got some of that exhaust gum and filled the hole would it fail the MOT?

When you say a hole, where is it? and how big? Is it a standard exhaust or a mild steel performance jobbie. If its stainless it should have a hole in it at all. Unless its been botterming out on something.

If its standard, then you can get most exhaust parts pretty cheaply (for the clio at least) maybe it would be more cost effective to just get a new section.

Paul

FOR SALE - Mk1 V6

standard zorst. for a new one fitted he said about £100 i just just wondering if we filled the hole with exhaust gum would it pass the MOT?? gives him more time to save for a sports exhaust

Ah right, well use the gum, take it into a test center and ask them to check it. If it fails then he can sort it out. He cant actually fail his MOT if its not due. But when it is, you can have it sorted by then. If that makes any sense.

Paul