ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust blowing

Inferno 225
I have been told that it is blowing after th cat , is this call th center section how much is a new one and is there an easy fix as I am getting a miltek in a couple off weeks , many thanks

Lecky

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Just go for a catback exhaust...they tend to fail by the back box...so just replace whole unite from cat back

Inferno 225
Thanks pal, it's the fhalange that it attached the center and the cat had cum non thing I'm going to get a pipe and weld the bk boxes and make a flange till I get a miltek

Lecky

2014 Clio 200t edc
I had my centre box cut out and replaced with a straight pipe as mine was blowing like a b*tch. Now my cat/manifold joint is leaking....

Clio 182 Trophy #229
My exhaust started blowing a couple of weeks ago and the other day it fell off just after the cat making an incredible noise. I just ordered a cat back system from Piper, can't wait to get it fitted.

If you have a Milltek on the way there shouldn't be a problem.

Black Sheep
I had my centre box cut out and replaced with a straight pipe as mine was blowing like a b*tch. Now my cat/manifold joint is leaking....

Just replaced mine took me and a mate three hours. Here is my tips to do it in 15 mins lol.

Buy kit from eBay

Jack up car and put front on two axel stands

Someone undo nuts with a 10mm socket with nuckle and extention underneath while someone holds the engine bay side with a 10 mm socket.

Throw away the shite with the cheap eBay kit apart from the springs and gasket.

Get two large M8 shanked bolts

Put the new gasket in and reassemble

The small bolts are piss poor and c**t to fit. Plus that cheap eBay kit the bolts are two short.

Some one on o

Inferno 225
It is wer it meets the cat its cracked been down today and seen it, my mechanic said was just going to keep the center section in I said just take it out as I and getting a aftermarket exhaust

lecky

2014 Clio 200t edc
Fitted my man/cat kit today. What a b**ch of a job to do!! Did it and it sounds very similar to before!! annoyed isn't the word!!

2014 Clio 200t edc
Added some sealant around the flange joint between cat and pipe, and a bit around the cat-manifold joint. Much better but think it needs more.