ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust fitting guide

Liquid yellow 182
I've got a new one coming...

seems to be.

Remove rear bumper
Loosen bolts on bottom of dampers
Jack up rear (HIGH!)
drop rear beam (disconnect dampers)
Undo all mounting points
Remove exhaust (poss flip it upside down to get it out)
Fit new exhaust - exhaust sealant around cat clamp
Line it up
Tighten it up
Put it back together - will involve dropping car to right height to reconnect dampers i expect.

Or.... cut exhaust (prob with angle grinder) then you don't have to worry about getting it high, bumper and dropping the beam.

I'm jsut waiting for mine to arrive - car off the road for 2 weeks so far :(

Liquid yellow 182
From what i've read it seems to be a bit tight to get it out in one go.

Mixed opinion in other threads but sounds simple enough to do it anyway.

Liquid yellow 182
Did it tonight....

Jack would only go as high as the lowest point on the axel stand.Took bumper & wheels off to let the beam go lower.

Managed to get the old exhaust out in one piece. New one went on really quickly.

New exhaust is slightly on the piss, but i'll give it some time to settle, and then line it up straight after MOT.

Liquid yellow 182
Turkish: We couldn't figure out how you'd get it out in one peice without dropping the beam! Took <2 hours anyway. Rear silencers were getting wedged between the floor and the boot, while the centre section was stuck on the beam

Powey: Scorpion RS192. Haven't driven it yet becuase the car is SORN. Mot tomorrow or fri so will see then.

Felt light, welds look ok, silencers made from thin sheet. There was something wrong with one of the threads on the support bar between the silencers but i'll get that re-tapped. Unfortunately its not properly aligned yet because my mate who helped me had to rush off - i'll have a fiddle with the mounts tomorrow.

It sounded loud at idle initially, but quietened down when the engine got up to temp. I didn't want something too loud, just deeper - i think it'll be OK!

Most get cut by the main dealers because the exhausts are s**t and one of the boxes get replaced under warranty. If they've managed not to fall apart and be replaced in the first 3 years, pipe cutter or 2 mins tops with a hacksaw will see you through it. Less of a faff than the beam and bumper route.

Sound will change as the cans get some carbon in them so will be a few weeks before you know the true sound of the exhaust you've fitted.

GSXR + KDX220
You need to literally drop it all off, as in remove it. Just undo the 2 shock mounts at the bottom and jack it UP UP UP and the wheels will stay on the floor and give you nice huge gap to play with ;)