ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust heat sheild

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
So my back box heat shield on my 182 is cabbaged/very Rotten and given I am working underneath the car currently it’s annoying me no end. So I spoke with Renault and they are no longer supplying!! I’m going to guess most of these heat shields are going to be past their best now. So finding a used one may be difficult! So what are the options? Has anyone made one out side some of the engine heat shield material such as this?

Any other suggestions?

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Tank is NOT under the boot floor mate....
That is a whole other part of the shield!
Assume nothing.....😉

Eh? The exhaust runs through a cut out/indent in the tank???
4C4E2949-4F56-4219-B90D-C0F14FE91EEE.jpeg

Eddie555

ClioSport Club Member
  Q7 2018 & 172 Cup.
So my back box heat shield on my 182 is cabbaged/very Rotten and given I am working underneath the car currently it’s annoying me no end. So I spoke with Renault and they are no longer supplying!! I’m going to guess most of these heat shields are going to be past their best now. So finding a used one may be difficult! So what are the options? Has anyone made one out side some of the engine heat shield material such as this?

Any other suggestions?
I know exactly what you mean about its a bit rotten under there.. Mine is looking dodgy in places and needs replacing.. Its a job i'm avoiding at the moment as i have plenty to do already.. What youve posted is what ill be using to replace mine so youre on the right path.. Ill just remove my old shields and use them as templates..

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
I know exactly what you mean about its a bit rotten under there.. Mine is looking dodgy in places and needs replacing.. Its a job i'm avoiding at the moment as i have plenty to do already.. What youve posted is what ill be using to replace mine so youre on the right path.. Ill just remove my old shields and use them as templates..

perfect, it looks simple enough to do and given it’s hidden largely by the exhaust and underneath the car, I can’t see me making too much of a hash of it! Noticed I don’t actually have a bad box heat shield. That must have been removed years ago. Not sure one is needed under the boot floor mind.

Eddie555

ClioSport Club Member
  Q7 2018 & 172 Cup.
perfect, it looks simple enough to do and given it’s hidden largely by the exhaust and underneath the car, I can’t see me making too much of a hash of it! Noticed I don’t actually have a bad box heat shield. That must have been removed years ago. Not sure one is needed under the boot floor mind.
The only thing im scared of is ive tried to remove some of the Torx head screws holding some parts of shields along the tunnel and they're pretty well seized.. I can see me under there quite a while drilling and re-taping them. Its not going to be an easy job..

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
I have been so lucky! Mine were perfect! Hardly any grief at all... that said everything else had been welded in with rust so far! I’m just waiting for a delivery now so I can finish off the back end of the car floor pan, then I need a blaster/powder coater to reopen so I can get my rear beam reconditioned then I will move on to the middle section of the floor pan. Think I’ll replace all of the heat shields with my own custom versions to tidy things up a little. I am changing the exhaust anyway, so will drop it all out and make some templates.

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Well it runs to where the back box joins, but like I said over the fuel tank. No need to be pedantic! Self adhesive probably isn’t going to be great underneath the car. Think I’m going to make my own out of the stuff I linked earlier

Eddie555

ClioSport Club Member
  Q7 2018 & 172 Cup.
I have been so lucky! Mine were perfect! Hardly any grief at all... that said everything else had been welded in with rust so far! I’m just waiting for a delivery now so I can finish off the back end of the car floor pan, then I need a blaster/powder coater to reopen so I can get my rear beam reconditioned then I will move on to the middle section of the floor pan. Think I’ll replace all of the heat shields with my own custom versions to tidy things up a little. I am changing the exhaust anyway, so will drop it all out and make some templates.
Where are you based?

I use these guys for all my powder coating.. Very reasonably priced and quick turn around, normally 48hrs..