ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust Help Needed

172 Cup, R34 GTR
I am after changing my exhaust on my 172 Cup, i think its a standard exhaust that the baffles have gone walkies from. It sounds like a bag of spanners at idle and drones on the motorway, so it needs to go.

I was looking at the KTEC stealth or maybe going for a standard exhaust from Renault.

The question is, which is the better option?

I am looking to do trackdays so it needs to be fairly quiet and i would like to do Bedford in particular.

Will something like a KTEC stealth be quiet enough for Bedford?

Lee

Id go for a stainless steel one mate either a ktec or a yozza if you want to spend more both will be fine for trackdays.

172 Cup, R34 GTR
Thanks for the advice, will look into the Yozza.

Do you know what DB level the Yozza produces with a cat? Or if anyone has run this exhaust at Bedford that would be great.

Stripped yozza'd cup
Plenty of people have run a Yozza at Bedford, no where near the noise limit. If you want it quiet, buy a Yozza stealth, if you want a bit more noise, get the race stealth. Both will pass noise testing easily with a cat in.

I think a decatted Yozza race is 96db iirc.... and that's the loudest system they make.

I had the K-tec stealth and it was horribly drony inside the car, I now have a Yozza race with the cat still in and it's a LOT better.

172 Cup, R34 GTR
jack_kemp, appreciate the info, has definately made my mind up for a Yozza system.

Hope to be out on track soon!