ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust Manifold removal 172 Cup 2002

Geewhite32

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Cup 172 2002
Hi guys, looking for advice here.

1/. How easy or difficult is it to remove the manifold from a Clio Cup 172 2002?

2/. I have had the Cat off several times, having it welded and have now fitted a de-cat that doesn't quite fit I am thinking, its pulling from the manifold end and pulled the v seal apart causing a blow, ever so slight, both de-cat pipe and cat back from same manufacturer. Gravity.

3/. I was thinking that if I bought the stainless steel manifold to go with it, there might be a better fit.

Obviously, working underneath the car, I realise the lack of space both from the bottom as well as the top, therefor back to 1/.

PS, I have the use of a hydraulic ramp.

Hope you can help guys.

Thank you.

Gee.

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
If you undo the coolant bottle and brake fluid reservoir from the bulk head and pull them away, you might be able to squeeze it out the side from the top.

Might be worth a try as this is how I fitted my puremotorsport manifold

Mertin

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172&Ph2 172 Cup
Standard 172 manifold can be removed via top. 182 manifold from below and requires subframe to be lowered