ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust manifolds

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

On jap cars, there is a big thing made about exhaust manifolds, and they can release some quite high figures.

One particular brand, HotShot, make quite a few. So my questions is can you get any for the 172? Or is the exhaust manifold already that good that you cant gain any more?

R

rich[182]

172 must have had room for improvement as the 182 has been revised and improved - Bet it costs a fortune though so reckon getting Hillpowers modded inlet manifold is better bet.

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

What do Hillpower do to the inlet manifold to release the power then?

Do they just modify your existing one?

I saw a shrick inlet manifold on ebay recently for a VW VR6, there nearly £1800 new and claim to give up to about 20bhp and similar torque.. :eek:

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Hot Shot Headers for the Nissan SR20 engines are about 400 inc shipping from the US and release between 10 and 15bhp iirc.

R

rich[182]

Not entirely sure, Members discount price is £184 fitted inc vat, Im not sure if they mod yours or simply replace with one thats been modded. I think they open it up or do some kind of porting/flowing or the like and match it up to allow more air, Ive read on here in the past that the std one from Renault is not matched and pretty crap finish

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

£184 is just the price of the part isnt it.all the manifolds are exchange.talking to nick saturday about it and i think the manifold+ecu are my next mods.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

thought about but i cant be bothered to swap it back when mot time comes.was thinking about getting a performance cat instead.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

a bit awkward but not that bad(probably worse in 3 years though when all the bolts have rusted on).im lazy,never can be bothered to do my own car when ive worked on the things all day.

See when I get mine swapped is there anything I can do to make the bolts not rust as much? We had to use a heat gun (sorry im not technical) to get the bolts off my pals MR2 when we fitted his de-cat.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

let me know if you think its made a big difference cos i might change my mind if it does.cheers.

supersprint does a exhaust manifold for the 1.4L 16v engine for the normal clio...but hearsay they are discontinuing soon due to low demand...but oh man, what a difference it makes once installed together with their exhaust....

spoke to nickand what a top bloke...jay he needs about a week to book things in but saturdays are booked until march...im having the inlet manifold done as nick says impressive gains can be achieved....

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

i was just going to remove mine and then go down and exchange it or leave it with him and pick it up the next week.Ive got another car i can use so leaving the cup off the road for a week isnt a problem.

ok mate..if you get it done soon then let me know...have you had the hillpower inuction fitted> what you think of it?

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

got the hillpower induction kit and fitted it myself.im happy with it,sounds nice and it feels like theres is a bit of an improvement as well.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

yes im pleased with it.get the noise of an open kit but some of the advantages of the closed ik like a viper.

When i do the inlet manifolds i prefer to take a template of your particular head just to make sure that its a 100% fit.

Alignment can vary.

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider

agree with Ben, matching is importmant...... no point spending £££ on a head or manifolds when there is a nice large lump of ally in the way from a mismatched port.