ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust pollution light on!

Clio 182 cup
Hi guys,

Just back from a few days away where unfortunately I wasn't able to take my car. Just as I was about to leave for a long journey to Wales, the stupid exhaust pollution light came on, on the dash, didn't it. I really wasn't sure what this meant at the time so I went down to Renault in Liverpool immediately and booked it in with them.

After reading around the posts I know lots of people have had problems with this one, whether it be Lamda sensor or Cat etc. Spoke to Renault on Friday after they found out the problem and they said they'd need to replace the oxygen sensor?? Does anyone know what this is? Is it another way of saying the Lamda?

Car seems to have been running fine to be honest. No complaints at all. The only thing I wasn't happy with was the uneven idle, but I'm led to believe this is normal for a 182 so I just got on with it. Will this possibly help with the rough idling?

Cheers

Yep oxygen and lambeda are the same thing.

Yep undeven ideal is a bit expected.

Its going to be the second sensor most likly which has failed so engine running isn't affected by its failure just the light as the ECU things the cat is damaged.

Clio 182 cup
Thanks for the quick reply. So the second sensor is like a backup sensor is that right?

Also did you mean the idle will be helped by the new sensor or just that the 172/182 suffer from uneven idle?

Thanks for the quick reply. So the second sensor is like a backup sensor is that right?

Also did you mean the idle will be helped by the new sensor or just that the 172/182 suffer from uneven idle?

Second sensor is used to check the emmisions after the cat are correct its not involved in any other way.

Nope idle won't be affected. 172/182 have a slight poor idle it shoulnd't be noticiable though just a little lumpy, rpm on the counter shouldn't realy move.

Renault Liverpool though humm if your problems not fixed use another dealership the one in Birkenheads even worse IMO.

Clio 182 cup
Yeah I am worried about having it in there I must admit but as its under warranty and it is the closest to me I thought I'll take a chance. We'll see what happens on Monday.

Thanks for the help

Clio 182 cup
Had a wonderful bit of news this morning, apparently Renault are not able to get hold of a Lamda sensor for me until sometime this week, not telling me when exactly just sometime in the week. Means my car has been there since Wed and still not had the stupid sensor fitted!! How long can it take!!

They say the sensor is on order at a lot of dealers throughout the country and they are struggling to get them here quickly. Really frustrating me this, I've only had the car just over 2 weeks!!

What sort of life expectancy should you get out of one of these sensors as i don't want to have it back in for this again??

Cheers

Clio 172 mk2
Ah this old chesnut

A edde says....second sensor problem.

Won't affect running of car..just irritating having the light on...well, until you get used to it like I have:D

They say the sensor is on order at a lot of dealers throughout the country and they are struggling to get them here quickly. Really frustrating me this, I've only had the car just over 2 weeks!!

What sort of life expectancy should you get out of one of these sensors as i don't want to have it back in for this again??

There on back order since so many have had to be replaced recinetly with the fuel problems killing them.

Life span as long as a piece of string minimum of say 3 years realy.