ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

exhaust wrap, how much?

Only person to listen to IMO.

No point what so ever. It's good at causing engine bay fires and making up for piss poor design where radiated heat is causing local components to melt.... as such its a staple of the low volume sports car industry.

You don't need it, you don't want it and it won't do anything useful.

Cheers
M

SQ5
I got some free so done mine! Can't be any harm
tbh! We heat tested and it would catch fire! It's doing more on there than not being on there, yes it's a very old school
method but it does the job!

Yeah the wrap may not catch fire if you set it alight directly, but if fluid is spilt onto it and that catches fire it will just hold the fluid and keep burning, happened to Matteh on track last year :(

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
I got some free so done mine! Can't be any harm
tbh! We heat tested and it would catch fire! It's doing more on there than not being on there, yes it's a very old school
method but it does the job!

Didn't yours catch on fire or was that someone else?

SQ5
What with? I've seen something about a spray over it once wrapped. Then once the manifold warms up the wrap contracts to it?

SQ5
I'll look into it! Didn't need a kit as a mate has rolls of the stuff!

As to the OPs question about 5-6m should do you 10 if doing decat too.