ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust wrap...

Benefits of wrapping exhaust, thinking of doing de-cat, centre section and upto backbox..

I'm aware this keeps the gases hotter, being hotter it flows quicker as it's denser..

Any downside's to doing this ?

Cheers Rob

fil_b

ClioSport Club Member
  172 FF and Fabia VRS
heard it makes you itch like fook lol

also heard that water can get in under the wrap and when it heats up and cools down can cause the manifold to crack

only heard mind

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
yes it is very itchy!

it will need re-doing as the wrap deteriorates over time (think mine has lasted well over a year though!)

have you looked into ceramic coating? more expensive than wrapping but much better results

Ph1
It'll cost you loads to wrap the whole system and for bugger all result in reality.

Cost me about 90 to wrap a 182 mani. Clips alone are about a fiver each or something daft

It'll cost you loads to wrap the whole system and for bugger all result in reality.

Cost me about 90 to wrap a 182 mani. Clips alone are about a fiver each or something daft
Just use chicken wire ;) Thats what i used on my tubular manifold. About £2 for a roll. Much tighter grip than those rubbish clips aswell.

Im tempted to wrap mine aswell. dont know much about the benefits of a faster flowing exhaust compared to a turbo car which im more used to

Ph1
I reckon to do the whole exhaust you'd be talking upwards of £300 and for what gain in the real world? non

Buy a Maxogen instead haha

Lionel Richie
its expensive stuff! and it's 100% pointless doing the exhaust and not the manifold

took me 6hours to wrap a 182 exhaust manifold (off the car) and was over £100 in wrap

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
Bearing in mind it cost about 80 - 100 quid to wrap a mani I would say it wouldnt be far off 300 for full exhaust. Totally not worth it IMO

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
Ceramic or nothing IMO. Heat wrap gets wet and holds moisture and will reduce the life of the exhaust.

Ph1
^^I dont buy that.

Exhausts get hot, moisture would soon burn off and in anycase, if your heat wrapping its gonna be on a stainless exhaust, not stock, with stainless welds perhaps? which dont rust