ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exige S2 2zz race car vs MR2 2zz track car

Comparison of a Exige race car vs my MR2 track car. Both 2zz engined. Not sure if the Exige puts out more power, probably as they have aftermarket ECU's.

8 second difference, which doesn't sound like much over a 2m lap, but visually its an age. He also cocked up the last corner, so more like a 9s difference.

Exige lap 1:57

MR2 lap 2:05

My PB is a 2:04, but I reckon I can shave 2 seconds off this with the roof on, passenger seat out, new wider tyres and the recently added exhaust giving a bit more power. We'll see next Tuesday...

Apologies for the video quality, as it was done on my phone using a play store app.

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Exige has probably got fancy, high end dampers as well

2ZZ Mrs is definitely on my list to own at some point, My mate with the 355 has one as well and says it's remarkable how similar they are [emoji23]

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
You can see the exige is better on the brakes into the first corner with a shorter braking time. Certainly looks more stable on the corners too so both could be down to the suspension control of the better dampers

Exige has probably got fancy, high end dampers as well

2ZZ Mrs is definitely on my list to own at some point, My mate with the 355 has one as well and says it's remarkable how similar they are [emoji23]
They are a lot of fun, parts are cheap and they're easy to work on. There's nothing close for £5k (what I paid) that I'd swap it for.

Ohlins on this Exige. Its a Lotus Cup Uk championship spec car. 100kg lighter than the MR2, wider tyres, bigger brakes with lots of functional aero too.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Saw this on your insta! So cool.

Can't wait to get mine on track one day 😂

Oh s**t just remembered I've got one booked in May 😂 (although not a proper open pit one I guess)

After a bit of online snooping at the 2018 MSVR Lotus Cup UK regs, I've found some of spec of this car:

Exige S2 Toyota 2zz N/A -

5.8.3.2 Toyota engined cars are permitted engine modifications including, but not limited to engine internal components, exhaust system, engine ECU, air filter, and mapping which are all free. The maximum capacity is 1796cc.

This will be running around 205hp with a weight of 915kg, so a power to weight of 224hp p/tonne. Mine is 190hp p/tonne.

Brakes:
Lotus Exige S2 OE brake calipers and discs, with performance friction pads, compound free. I was running the standard MR2 set up with yellowstuff pads.

Wheels and tyres:
Avon ZZR
215/40R17 Front
265/35R18 Rear

I was running AR1's 195/50/15 front, 225 45 15 rear.

Also after the video above in early June, he managed a 1:54 qualifying lap, and took the race win at Oulton end of June.

So in reality its a 10s a lap quicker car, he'd be lapping me in a normal track day session (<12 laps) 😆

andybond

ClioSport Club Member
After a bit of online snooping at the 2018 MSVR Lotus Cup UK regs, I've found some of spec of this car:

Exige S2 Toyota 2zz N/A -

5.8.3.2 Toyota engined cars are permitted engine modifications including, but not limited to engine internal components, exhaust system, engine ECU, air filter, and mapping which are all free. The maximum capacity is 1796cc.

This will be running around 205hp with a weight of 915kg, so a power to weight of 224hp p/tonne. Mine is 190hp p/tonne.

Brakes:
Lotus Exige S2 OE brake calipers and discs, with performance friction pads, compound free. I was running the standard MR2 set up with yellowstuff pads.

Wheels and tyres:
Avon ZZR
215/40R17 Front
265/35R18 Rear

I was running AR1's 195/50/15 front, 225 45 15 rear.

Also after the video above in early June, he managed a 1:54 qualifying lap, and took the race win at Oulton end of June.

So in reality its a 10s a lap quicker car, he'd be lapping me in a normal track day session (<12 laps) 😆
Does that include super chargers?
They left factory in 190bhp NA, or 220/240/255/260 supercharged.

the brakes could also be the 4 pots so batshit crazy stopping power!

the ohlins kit is good, and expensive

Does that include super chargers?
They left factory in 190bhp NA, or 220/240/255/260 supercharged.

the brakes could also be the 4 pots so batshit crazy stopping power!

the ohlins kit is good, and expensive
Think so yeah, as the max power to weight is 297hp p/tonne for non v6 cars.

Screenshot_20210323-183303_Drive.jpg
Screenshot_20210323-183342_Drive.jpg

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I might be wrong lol.

Years ago a lad from on here iirc joined us in his megane 225.. Was lapping 1 55 ish from memory.

Was rapid