ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Expert Help Required

Black 182
Ok, i have an 04 plate 182, new cat back milltek, under full throttle I get a whistly/blow/farty sound, assume this is from exhaust. Been back to garage which fitted it 4 times as well as my local garage twice. They can't find any blowing from anywhere but agree that they can hear it, checked engine mounts for excessive play - nothing. Renewed pre cat seals and post cat clamps, sealed it all up - still doing it.
This only happens when the car is accelerating, doesn't do it at all when stationary.

Does anyone have any idea what this could be, I'm starting to crack up . . . . . .

Thanks
Matt:S

Da

Less
Isn't this just the rasp that is the norm with most AM exhaust systems? I know my Magnex has it.

Black 182
No I don't think so for the following reasons:

1. It doesn't sound like a normal sports exhaust note, its too blowy
2. It wasn't doing it at first then it stopped and now it's doing it all the time
3. My mate had and identical milltek fitted to his 182 same place, same day and his sounds MINT!!

Its doing my head in to the point I'm actually thinking of changing my car!

Matt
:(