ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Expert Tyre Advice?

Swift Sport
This isn't Clio specific but I thought I'd ask here as the Suzuki forums are about as much use as drinking paint...

As most of you know I love doing trackdays in Ignis Sports, but after reading about 'unsprung weight' it got me thinking about my wheel and tyre choices. Until now I've always swapped the original super-light Enkei wheels for some wider rims with wider tyres, but I'm tempted to get a set of original 5j Enkei's and bang some semi-slicks on there. Again this throws up another question... What size tyres should I fit? Folk on the forums fit 195/50/15's but surely that's too wide for a 5j wheel??

Hopefully somebody can point me in the right direction!

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
This isn't Clio specific but I thought I'd ask here as the Suzuki forums are about as much use as drinking paint...

As most of you know I love doing trackdays in Ignis Sports, but after reading about 'unsprung weight' it got me thinking about my wheel and tyre choices. Until now I've always swapped the original super-light Enkei wheels for some wider rims with wider tyres, but I'm tempted to get a set of original 5j Enkei's and bang some semi-slicks on there. Again this throws up another question... What size tyres should I fit? Folk on the forums fit 195/50/15's but surely that's too wide for a 5j wheel??

Hopefully somebody can point me in the right direction!

195 is 2.6" too wide for a 5" wheel iirc

195 is the tyre thickness/width in mm, right?

Swift Sport
195 is 2.6" too wide for a 5" wheel iirc

195 is the tyre thickness/width in mm, right?
That's what I've always thought. What's more worrying is that I posted the same question on the Ignis Facebook page and loads of people run 195's on 5j rims!

Swift Sport
I've been told that standard Ignis wheels are 5.5 so I could potentially get away with 195, but I think I'll go with the recommended tyre size.