ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exterior Temp Indicator gone mad!!

I know its only been 8 days I left my car sitting in the carpark, but when I came back from holidays the temp guage has gone mad! outside was about 18 degrees but the indicator showed 38, and then the next day it climbed to the 40s and then 50s and as soon as it hit 60 degrees on the 3rd day it died on me... now it doesnt show the temp at all! any ideas whats happening?

GR7

Shiny red R32

My hubby had this problem with a 406 coupe and had to have a new temperature sensor.

Funniest thing, I was at work today and Renault service department called me and said that he heard a "rumour" that my temp sensor is playing up... So now its going in on monday to get fixed (4 free I hope) and while Im there to get my water leak silicon marks repainted, now thats service!!! Thanks BenR.
The sales guy (Mr.Ho) also said he had some new rear wings and the V6 body kit!!! I asked him how much the Renault sport extended wing cost and it was 1800, ok I guess but then when I aked how much it would cost to get them to paint and fit it, he answered 4000+! Ouch!!! 2200 dollars to paint and fit???

My external temperature senosr in my Clio 16v (94) goes mad all the time. It started plashing constantly at 9c, then it read a constant -30c, and then it stopped altogether. Now its fine again!! its just a design feature by Renault to let you know when your car feels unloved!!

GR7

Shiny red R32

Black Clio: What do you mean by water leak silicon marks repainted? What leak did you have? I still have the leak in my boot and would be interested in what your problem was and how it was resolved. Thanks.

soon after I got my car I discovered water leakage in the boot (thanks to this forum) so I took it back to Renault and they fixed it by applying silicon between the seams where the rear panel conects the body (under the boot lid). Only problem is they used white colour silicon on my Black car.. so it stands out like a sore thumb when I open the boot.. because I needed my car before they could paint it last time Renault promised me they would paint it next time I took my car in 4 a service.

oh thats good, i emailed my dad yesteday and i havent got a reply yet. But he has already contacted you, thats good. The thing with the fitting of the wings, it will require the old wings to be cut out, then they have to fibreglass the new ones on, fill and smooth, then paint....so its mostly labour. But i have been around the garage and they just got a new spray room, and the main guy who does all the body repairs is real nice and does a top notch job. 400 quid for wide arches, fitted and painted is real good value!