ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Extra interior lighting

mk2 1.2 16v
This is an idea i've had for a while. I do a fair bit of driving at night and being the clumsy fucker that i am i'm always dropping stuff in the car or cant find things.
So I was wondering if it would be possible to buy some after market lights and somehow wire them in to the existing interior lights so they will come on when the doors are opened or by the switch on the overhead panel in the roof.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as i'm not great when it comes to this stuff lol.
Has anyone done anything like this before?

Thanks in advance,
Graham

mk2 1.2 16v
Yeah i'm sure its probably possible, I've just got no idea how I would go about doing it lol

Dip

04 Clio 16V Dynamique
I suppose you could go to a breakers yard, find a boot light or 2, one each side, strip wire's in the ceiling light, put a connector block in and wire to where you want them. Thats the pikey solution...Speaking from experience!! Done it to my Polo, but them never got round to fitting them properly

Never above 25mpg
ea20-40.jpg

[YOUTUBE]JOAMSSOxmY4[/YOUTUBE]

ITB BG 182
Ill try an get the patients to talk to a chav at the top of my street who has a clio and hes got small led light under each seat that lights up in the back an ones in the footwells also that all come on when the doors are open.

mk2 1.2 16v
lol cheers mate, be sure to keep a hold of all your valuables ;)

actually come to think of it i spied a thread by dutty earlier about how he made his xenons come on when the doors were opened so might give him a pm and see if he can enlighten me

BLACK GOLD 182
i would say it possible it just like my fez it has neons on the back that has a switch and when swithc on they are on whne the boot is open (as so is the boot light) but when closed they go off even if still switched to on, so i'm sure if you have it wired to the overhead interior light through a block connector and wire it to the footwells it will work when the doors are open or the swtich is pressed on the overhead intrerior light, although it myt be eaiser just to neon it as they are easy to fit

I think you would want to use the feed off the interior lighting ?

I dont know if this would be dangerous so would need researching.

Ive read this guide before just to know how neons are installed... You could put some white ones in the footwells, I know someone who has white in the footwells when the door opens or is blipped open and looks quite nice IMO.

http://www.all-neon-car-lights.com/how-to-install-neon-under-car-lights.html

I gave up in the end because i couldnt be bothered with all the wiring. Ill upgrade my interior lights to LEDs when ive got some spare change.