ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Extremely Heavy Clutch!

Ive got a Phase 1 16v and it has got a really heavy stiff clutch even after having a new clutch fitted! The biting point on the clutch is right at the bottom aswell so you have to put the clutch right to the floor to get it in gear!

Has any 1 had any similar problems on their 16v or Willy??

Dont be a whimp - you will get used to it ;)

Its normal to have a heavy clutch, do a search on the subject there have been loads of posts about it. When i drove blazes 172 @ BBPT RR day i nearly put his clutch ped through the floor - couldnt believe how light it was. i think i prefer my 16v clutch.

yh dont be a girl and build up ur calves like a body builder

well u will do after driving ur valver non stop for 6 months

I know most 16v/williams clutches are pretty stiff (and i usually prefer em slightly stiff) & I have driven numerous clios but mine is abnormally stiff, since i had the cltch put in ive already snapped 3 clutch cables in less than a year!!

I swear i aint even bein a poofta bout it, my left leg is like a Russian shot putters!! Ive even driven a 16v with an uprated clutch that is lighter than mine.

Yeah, mines like that, but im having problems with it going into gear, especially in Reverse as it crunches almost all the time. :(

my 19 GTS was well heavy in the clutch department. Ive still not fully got to grips with the Cups clutch, stall it now and again.

Quote: Originally posted by BRUN on 26 June 2003

if your havin problems going into reverse, select 1st, first hehe
Yeah ive tried all those techniques but no joy. Hopefully getting a new clutch will sort it all out tho.