ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

F**kin Sky

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
Rantage!!!

couple of weeks ago i finally talked the rents into having sky+HD downstairs and me having multi-room in my room, moving the old box from downstairs to my room.

We had already received our new sky viewing card for the old box two weeks before we decided to upgrade so when the guy came last tuesday he installed all the cables moved the old box upstairs put sky+HD downstairs along with the new HD card we received in the post

so we ended up with

sky+HD downstairs with brand new card

and

old standard box upstairs with the 2 weeks old card

all was fine working perfectly except today i come home go to watch some SSN come ups with unauthorised card, WTF! ring Sky to be told that the 2 week old card has been cancelled and a new one sent in the POST!!! so i now have no sky upstairs until this new one comes and with the postal strikes god knows how long that could be! if it ever does come they just say you have to wait so i end up putting the phone down in anger!

Now im thinking i should be ringing up and asking for an free upgrade to sky+ in my room for the inconvenience of me paying for a service that im not even receiving! just cant understand why they didn't let the old card run until i received the new card and were paying like £60Pm for this crap!

Rant over!!

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
Why are you expecting to be showered with gold because of a slight inconvenience?

Did this really require a whole thread, what is with all the sh*t threads on here at the moment?

dk

911 GTS Cab
i had sky+HD installed last saturday and my card didn't arrive until monday, i'm sure you will survive!

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
i dont consider it a slight inconvenience i find it a total waste of time, its bloody stupid what was the point in cancelling a two week old card? just to give me another one?

and a free upgrade would be a way of re-imburising me for my inconvenience i shouldht have to wait for it! we paid £120 to have it installed and then £60pm and i cant even use it! they knew we were upgrading could they have not sent us the card along with the new HD card?

what happens if the card doesnt arrive for like 2 weeks because of the strikes telling me you'd be happy with that?

nimbus r27
when u talk about a new card u recived are u talking about the white replacement for the blue old cards?
i wouldnt waste your time asking for a free sky plus dude but if you ask to be refunded they might give u a free months multiroom subscription but thats only £10!

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
ye we got a new white card two weeks before the box was moved upstairs and a new HD card a few days before they came to fit it

ye i may aswell try and get something everybody else seems too!

Polo + Micra
so you pay £60 for a service you can't fully utilise for short amount of time

hardly worth the rant tbh

nimbus r27
bit wierd that they cancelled the card tbh!!
i work for sky and this dont happen very often hopefully wont take them to long to get it out to you mate!

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
so you pay £60 for a service you can't fully utilise for short amount of time

hardly worth the rant tbh

what do you class as a short amount of time? what happens if its caught up in the postal strike? could be weeks?

and the rant was mainly aimed at what reason did they have for cancelling a perfectly good card

F56 MINI Cooper S
its a joke if you ask me, they are wanting there money still even though you are not getting to watch it upstairs which u pay for due to not having a card, rip off sky as usual