ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

F1 2013

RS Clio 182
Im working my way through Season Challenge now after getting every medal in Scenario mode. They have made the handling a lot more forgiving,i havnt spun out once yet - whereas on 2012 you could do if you clipped a curb wrong.

I think i may do 50% races on Career - will start out on Professional difficulty and see how it is.

Goliath I
Well into this now, GTA hasn't had a look in! Found the more I play it the more I'm enjoying it.

Done a few 50% races now and the tyres are much better, if the weather changes and it starts to rain you can make some great gains pitting when your engineer tells you to. Always a good few incidents involving just the computer opponents, few times driven past the Wall of Champions in Canada to see a car facing the wrong way.

Monaco is bit less brutal too, especially that bend by the swimming pool ;)

Goliath I
Probably won't be on but will add you when I do.

Does anyone know how the scenario points are worked out?

Ph 1 172
Well had or should I say was having a cracking race in my caterham managed to get up to 14th, having constant defending to stay ahead of Gutierrez.....and I was pushing so hard I ignored the tyres 2nd to last lap and the tyres were fubar'd so I dropped all tge way to 22nd, got pissed off so smashed it into a wall and retired lol

RS Clio 182
Just got every trophy possible in Career challenge - had to do it 3 seperate times but really enjoyed it - the hard difficulty was really challenging,was just about getting into the top 10 in the Lotus,a car i really like in the game.

Does anyone know which difficulty 'hard' reflects in Career? I'll be starting on professional but not sure how tough it will be.

'20 Zoe, '09 V70
Professional is what I race with. No aids except auto gears.

If you race without ABS/TC, why have auto on? No TC is by far the most difficult one to have off as you just spin up the rears, burn them up then just slide more which ruins them.

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
If you race without ABS/TC, why have auto on? No TC is by far the most difficult one to have off as you just spin up the rears, burn them up then just slide more which ruins them.
Having it in manual is the most difficult to perfect decent lap times. Using manual is ok, but remembering the gear you need to be in for every corner of every circuit definitely isn't easy.

'20 Zoe, '09 V70
Having it in manual is the most difficult to perfect decent lap times. Using manual is ok, but remembering the gear you need to be in for every corner of every circuit definitely isn't easy.

To be honest auto for me just makes it irritating - it's never in the right gear. Plus you can engine brake properly with it in manual ;) I don't even look at the gear readout - just drop down the gears as you slow down and which ever gear feels right is the one I use. Make sure you aren't labouring the engine or screaming at full revs and it's easy.

Golf R/Leon FR
Finally picked this up yesterday. Improvement from 12, and a lot better than I expected. Needs the DRS beep putting back in though.

RS Clio 182
Finally picked this up yesterday. Improvement from 12, and a lot better than I expected. Needs the DRS beep putting back in though.

But on the plus side of that - theyve taken out the sector time beep aswell,that used to put me well off - was glancing at the gap time instead of looking at the approaching corner hehe. But youre right about the DRS one - will be constantly looking at the icon now,guessing if i made it within a second of the AI.

RS Clio 182
Just finished the first race of my career in a Caterham,i stuck it on a 100% race just to get the trophy really - i did enjoy it but its a bit too long for me hehe - will be 50% from now on. I Qualified 19th,so just ahead of the Marussias...but surprising thing was Button qualified in 18th..didnt even make it to Q2!! God knows why...

It came to the race and there was incidents in the first few corners - theres was about 4 retirements and i found myself around 14th. About a third way in ands theres only 16 cars left after Vettell retired - i got up to 9th before i had to pit!

I spent the rest of the race battling with Riccardo & Bianchi,and finished in 14th. AI cars coming up to lap me was a bit annoying - having to slow down for the blue flags - never done that before!

I think Professional difficulty is just right atm - i have better pace than Marussia,but it will be a big battle with Torro Rosso in the coming races.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I did the 100% grand prix cheevo today on legend in Brazil...

Must say the tyres going off was a little early for me and the fact it rained and my team had no f**king clue about where and when I should come in. I was doing quite well before the first pit stops! although I realised after that I must have been holding everyone up by at least a second as I finished outside the top 10!

Goliath I
See, I've had a few races where its either been raining or started raining and the call by my engineer has been bang on.

In fact, in one of my career races I was 16th when the call was made to come in as it had stopped raining, came out 18th... Ended up 8th, overtaking 4 cars on the last lap as the majority of the field decided not to change tyres!

Golf R/Leon FR
Started my career last night with Marussia. Had to increase the difficulty to expert as I qualified in 14th which is not realistic. Did the race on expert 50% distance and finished 18th. Bianchi finished 15th though which was odd as he was very slow in P1 and Q1.

RS Clio 182
Started my career last night with Marussia. Had to increase the difficulty to expert as I qualified in 14th which is not realistic. Did the race on expert 50% distance and finished 18th. Bianchi finished 15th though which was odd as he was very slow in P1 and Q1.

I thought Pro difficulty was spot on in Melbourne - but then i qualified 10th in China! But when the race came round,i didnt have the pace of the AI really and i finished 14th...i'll keep it on Pro for now,it will still be a challenge to get into the points i think. The China GP was very eventful - had a safety car out for some reason! But as i finally caught up with the leading pack it went back in again - good to see more AI incidents this time round,theres quite a lot of time ive seen debris on the track from a collision,and ive seen AI being given penalties aswell. Ive had 2 races already with only 16 cars finishing.

RS Clio 182
Bahrain on Pro was f**king solid for me. The AI cars were taking corners flat where I was having to break/lift!

yep,ive just done a 50% at Bahrain on Pro - found it really tough,im quick through S1 but like a snail through S3.....Qualified dead last,but made some positions up in the race,and it was just defensive all the way through to finish 13th - but was only 0.1 sec faster than my TM Pic on laps. Had no pace at all there - i find the corners quite slippery there even though its always dry. I think Canada & Brazil are my best bets at a point in a Caterham hehe.

Golf R/Leon FR
Well did Malaysia on expert in the wet and still qualified in 10th! On the highest difficulty now :)

Although I finished the race in 12th its still not realistic.

RS Clio 182
Had the 2nd safety car already in Spain - seems to be more frequent this time! Again like Bahrain,my pace was really poor at Catalunya,qualified in last and didnt do much better in the race - think i came 17th. Monaco next - should be interesting!

FatRS

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250
Tried playing this for the first time today and like 2011 I can't gel with it. I think it's more the steering wheel set up. Anybody else care to share what they're settings are on PS3 using Logitech G27 please?

Goliath I
Halfway through my first season in a Force India on Expert.

Doing 25% race distance and some of the tracks are really bad for tyre wear, I'm a lap short when losing all tread for each compound. E.g. My target pit is lap 8, by the time I'm starting lap 8 my tyre indicator is completely red and lost all grip!

I'm not sure if the high wear is supposed to force you into say a 2 stop strategy, which would be fine if some of the AI cars also made an additional stop.

Golf R/Leon FR
Tried playing this for the first time today and like 2011 I can't gel with it. I think it's more the steering wheel set up. Anybody else care to share what they're settings are on PS3 using Logitech G27 please?

Check codies forum for best set up advice.

Halfway through my first season in a Force India on Expert.

Doing 25% race distance and some of the tracks are really bad for tyre wear, I'm a lap short when losing all tread for each compound. E.g. My target pit is lap 8, by the time I'm starting lap 8 my tyre indicator is completely red and lost all grip!

I'm not sure if the high wear is supposed to force you into say a 2 stop strategy, which would be fine if some of the AI cars also made an additional stop.

I found wear bad at China and Bahrain. Was always a lap before the target lap I had to box. But worked out ok as I end up being lapped in the Marussia so could just about manage.

Finished 18th in Bahrain, not fancying Spain as I struggle on that circuit all the time.

Goliath I
I'm at Hungary in Force India, qualified 12th and managed to get up to 6th after the first two corners. Currently in a mid race save...

On lap 6 with my target pit stop being lap 8... Safety car is out... I pitted now and my tyres were shot with 2 laps to go. Restarted save, even driving in procession I couldn't make it to lap 8! Only option is a two stopper which will put me 14th.

May have to do a 50% race distance...

RS Clio 182
Im in a mid race save atm at Monaco,and really struggling with pace yet again - finding it hard to fend off the bottom drivers.

Ive had to come in to pits a lap before my target a couple of times too - but i think its because im quite an aggressive driver,so maybe need to take it more easy on the later laps!

RS Clio 182
Had a horrendous race at Monaco lol - finished dead last,got lapped twice,drive through penalty - there were TWO safety cars aswell. Dont fancy doing that in a Caterham again!

Canada is next and one of my favourites so hopefully its a much better performance!

Kind of hoping a get an offer to Toro Rosso or Williams half way through the season. But having no points isnt looking too good.

Goliath I
I hated Monaco in '12, always ended up rage quitting... Into the f**king wall!

Only had one career race there this year which wasn't to bad.

Twingo Dynamique
Haven't read through the whole thread, and not what I'd call a serious gamer, but i do like F1 2011 and have the wireless speed wheel (that boy sucks, wish I had a fixed wheel with feedback etc :/) but is this a lot better /more realistic than 2011? 2011 I found incredibly easy :/

Bug

Megane rs250
The girlfriend bought me this yesterday had a good go on after work way better than 2012 imo
haven't started a career yet will be starting it after work today cant wait :)

RS Clio 182
Got a frustrating 11th at Canada - just couldnt catch Gutierrez in 10th,but its a track i always do well at.

But ive just blown my best chance of a point at the Nurburgring - was 9th,just ahead of Perez on full wets,the the rain stopped - but made the mistake of coming in too early for Inters,really struggled the first couple of laps and i finished in 14th! Lesson learnt..

No contract offers either! Im guessing if id have picked up a couple of those points i may have..

Twingo Dynamique
I'm noticing this game is soooooooo much more realistic than 2011... also i genuinely cannot drive to any sort of standard in the cockpit view.... i have to go to tv pod :( in the cockpit i miss braking points, therefore apexs, and therefore i end up on the grass! :(

i think i need to restart my career, as although having the option of signing for williams or sauber, i decided to go for caterham, was crap at practice and then in qualifying i gained a penalty for causing a colllision, when i had spun off, spun onto the track and the next car just went straight into the side of me whilst i was still completely out of control :/ therefore 10place penalty.. therefore not even worth trying to qualify :/