ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

F1 GSD3 or Pilot Exalto

I need two new tyres - my spare has a nail in it and my N/S/F now has a small cut in the sidewall. I plan to put the O/S/F as the spare and the two new tyres on the front.

I'm after a bit of advice on the two tyres mentioned above:
The description for the Exaltos states "...however it is not intended to be driven in near-freezing temperatures, through snow or on ice." Should I read this as "don't use them as an all year tyre in the UK"?

The reason I've asked and not gone straight for the F1s is that (according to the tyre poll) there's twice as many people using the Exaltos when compared to the F1s.

(Yes, I considered the Toyos but after reading mixed opinions and finding the Eagles and Exaltos rated higher for not alot more money I'm going to go with either of those two.)

Cheers,
Mike

S

Ste 185

Ive got f1s all round on mine,fronts are gsd3s and back gsd2s.Ive had federals when i 1st got the car changed these for rainsports then went to khumo kh11s, (never ever get khumos tho!).I like the F1s best out of all the tyres ive tried.

172 Race Car
This wont help and will probably confuse you more but i didnt like the f1's at all. Contis or pe2's would be my choice

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
^^^listen to the man! made the world of difference on my cup! knows his stuff

mk3 golf gti
im going to throw pirelli p zeros in to the ring, i have them all round and they are brilliant in the wet and dry!

It might be me being thick, but I can't find P Zeros in 195/50/15. So that throws them back out of the ring ;)

Burp, do you mean the Premium Contact 2s, as these are the only continentals available in my size?

Also, as brasseye recommended them for the wet - how do they fair in the dry as if I can't get PE2s they might be the tyre I go for.

Apologies for the 10's of questions - but I want to get this as right as possible. Tyres where never an issue with the 1.1 rust bucket I had before - I just whacked the cheapest on.

Cheers,
Mike

BMW M135i
Personal preference really, i've been using F1s for a while now and they're bloody brilliant imo the wet grip is unreal and they really stick in the summer when they get hot.

Megane
I've got gsd2 on the front and PE2's on the rear, its a very god combination, especially in the et, grip at the rear with traction on the front...

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
I you can afford michelin why look anywhere else??

No tyre matches performance & they last.

I think i'm going to get a pair of the F1s for now as the PE2s are hard/impossible to come by at the moment. I'll see how i get on with them and then when it's time to replace another 2 i'll decide between another pair of F1s or PE2s I think.

No harm in trying different tyres I guess.

Cheers,
Mike