ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

F4R big end bearings problem in 2nd cylinder.

Clio RS Mk2 PH1&PH2
Hello, can anyone explain to me why the 2nd cylinder big en bearings get seized/destroyed in track use or race use?

I can identify it in lots of engines failures.

Regards

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
What crank are you using? They get a bit of a wobble on and pick up the bearing. After that it’s game over. Crap oil pressure will also not be helping. What hot oil pressure do you have at idle?

Clio RS Mk2 PH1&PH2
Hello, can anyone explain to me why the 2nd cylinder big en bearings get seized/destroyed in track use or race use?

I can identify it in lots of engines failures.

Regards
What crank are you using? They get a bit of a wobble on and pick up the bearing. After that it’s game over. Crap oil pressure will also not be helping. What hot oil pressure do you have at idle?

Hi,
I usually rebuild Renault engines, and half of the F4R engines I receive for rebuild have the second cylinder big end bearing staring to "seize" or "bearing wear".

I can see in the 3 crank types Foged 172, Not Forged and Forged 197.

About the pressure I can't say it. In may track car when very high oil temp I get 1.0-1.2bar and 5bar at high RPM.

Thanks