ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Where to find F4A Main Bearings

Praga R1T
Does anyone know where to find main bearings for a F4A engine? I ordered the F4R bearings from ACL and didn't realize there was a difference until they arrived. Here's a photo of the F4A bearings. Notice the notch is in the center on both ends. I made out the part number to be 7711162510 which didn't help much on Google. Any help will be appreciated as I need to get this engine assembled ASAP!

Attachments

• PXL_20230419_211836114.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20230419_211836114.PORTRAIT.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 46
  • PXL_20230419_204717185.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg
    PXL_20230419_204717185.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 34
  • PXL_20230419_204638967.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg
    PXL_20230419_204638967.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 29

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
Notches can be milled/ground off. The bearings are designed for the K series engines which have gaps in the crank to suit the tabs. However when I did this on mine I dont think I did it right as engine failed after 30 mins of running. So buy genuine which dont have the tabs.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Notches can be milled/ground off. The bearings are designed for the K series engines which have gaps in the crank to suit the tabs. However when I did this on mine I dont think I did it right as engine failed after 30 mins of running. So buy genuine which dont have the tabs.

I think he needs them with the tangs.

For the F4A in the Praga R1.

There's a list of parts here, but it doesn't show engine internals. Maybe try contacting Praga?

That part number also shows up for the Clio R3 spec engine.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
I don't like removing the tabs because its so easy to warp the end of the shell so you lose all your clearance at the very end (where you typically don't measure) then the bearing spins in short order.

Had to do it on one engine but notched the bearing cap instead, not sure if thats an option here.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I work opposite a bearing warehouse. If the above doesn’t help you, drop me a pm and I’ll get some for you.

Praga R1T
Hey thanks for all the help everyone! I looked at the part numbers above and the price is insane. If I could find an aftermarket set that would be great. Stuff like this is impossible to find over here in the US. I don't know any good parts sites in Europe of Australia. I'll contact my guy at the factory just to see but I prefer to source these parts myself to save time. I'd rather not grind these down and risk any damage since this block is impossible to get over here.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Hey thanks for all the help everyone! I looked at the part numbers above and the price is insane. If I could find an aftermarket set that would be great. Stuff like this is impossible to find over here in the US. I don't know any good parts sites in Europe of Australia. I'll contact my guy at the factory just to see but I prefer to source these parts myself to save time. I'd rather not grind these down and risk any damage since this block is impossible to get over here.

Try emailing those guys i linked and see if they will ship to the US.

rst-parts.dpt@renault.com

Praga R1T
I found this part number from ACL! 5M7819H The tabs are missing in the photo but it may not be an actual photo of the part. I'll call ACL to confirm.

Last edited: