ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

F4R/F7R conrods

I'm prepared to be shot down in flames if this has already been answered before, but i have spent the last 30 minutes searching and trying to find anything on here.. please be gentle lol

Are F4R and F7R conrods interchangeable?

early valvers use the beefiest, but worst forging.

172/182's use the lightest but best made.

All critical dimentions are the same.

Its upto you to decide if you want to follow the high mass stubby forging or low mass tight forging theories.

Thats your typical 'china' rod that everybody uses.

I use them in alot of honda engines as they are dirt cheap and take all the NA abuse you can throw at them and a decent amount of FI abuse......600bhp or so.

Thats your typical 'china' rod that everybody uses.

I use them in alot of honda engines as they are dirt cheap and take all the NA abuse you can throw at them and a decent amount of FI abuse......600bhp or so.

Ben what do you mean by china rods? (copycat?)

Wouldn't it be RPM that these things take not HP limits?

The majority of forged H beam conrods that arent carillo or Arrows are made in china and resold by hundreds of companies as their own.

They have a big fat catalogue of all the available length forgings and you just tell them what big end dia and pin dia you want, what centre to centre length you want and your all done......a US$300 forged rod.

And as with anything, there are no hard and fast rulse in tuning, and although rpm is the killer force, too much bhp will just bend them rather than breaking the rod bolts in an RPM based failure. 600bhp with the same 9500rpm being thrown at it is the straw that broke the donkeys back.

The majority of forged H beam conrods that arent carillo or Arrows are made in china and resold by hundreds of companies as their own.

They have a big fat catalogue of all the available length forgings and you just tell them what big end dia and pin dia you want, what centre to centre length you want and your all done......a US$300 forged rod.

And as with anything, there are no hard and fast rulse in tuning, and although rpm is the killer force, too much bhp will just bend them rather than breaking the rod bolts in an RPM based failure. 600bhp with the same 9500rpm being thrown at it is the straw that broke the donkeys back.

Is that £160 then each rod (converting up approx UK prices) ? ie £640 for 172 engine?

How do you know how much the rods can take then?

No, that is for a set of 4.

I dont know how much those renault ones can take exactly, but its been tested many a time by many a turbo engine and i dont expect they are anything but 3/8" bolts, and the china rods are all pretty darn generic.

I run them because they are cheap, effective and i havent had any problems............if your pushing 600+Bhp, you must be able to afford some better rods.

No, that is for a set of 4.

I dont know how much those renault ones can take exactly, but its been tested many a time by many a turbo engine and i dont expect they are anything but 3/8" bolts, and the china rods are all pretty darn generic.

I run them because they are cheap, effective and i havent had any problems............if your pushing 600+Bhp, you must be able to afford some better rods.

Blimy thats quite cheap isn't it?
Is that 600hp on a 2.0 4 pot?

600hp on a 1.6 that is crazy!

Thanks for the advice again, looks like I should definitely be considering these over the K-Tec and BB offerings at £500 a set..