ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

F4R Popping loudley on idle - Runs really badley

Clio 16v 'YOJ'
Oh dear!

So I got my new leads and plugs through today, swapped them out and the inlet gasket didnt break so I just tightened the plenum down - I made sure I put the new leads in the same order that I took them out, this is a video:

th_C55BBC18-06B1-4AAC-A23E-33ED9C10C831-8940-0000076F328E50B3_zps39d512f0.jpg

and

th_46508DC7-EF0A-4223-BF64-6EEE2568A773-8940-00000771F342AE7C_zps92697243.jpg

May not be able to see the links if viewing from mobile browser.

This was the state of the plugs I took out:

null_zpsa97384e5.jpg

I was changing them because the car didnt feel like it was running right before 6k - was properly hesitating and I thought it would be misfiring.

This has all started happening since I filled it up with Shell V power.

When I was running it on 95 octane fuel that was in the car it ran perfectly! I parked my car up - fuel light was on, went to go back out in it and it was idling and running like s**t then filled it with V power and it ran like a bag of s**t still.

Really need this car for tomorrow as I need to get home from uni!!

Cheers for any help!

Clio 16v 'YOJ'
FIXED IT :D

I took the leads and plugs off again and put them all back on taking care - it runs perfect now and revs SO MUCH more freely.

Thanks to all everyone for suggestions :)