ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Facebook Bargains/Dealer

Kia Pro_Ceed/Clio182
So I'm looking at buying my first clio, I'm excited as anything as it's one of my dream cars since my family had a Trophy 182 from factory. I've got about 4k to spend and I'm looking at getting a really good condition 197, I've not got my eye on any particular but there's some on Facebook that are sub 3k for 70k miles or less with cambelt changes with proof, but AutoTrader has similar mileage ones around the 4k mark? Is there likely to be a significant difference or are Facebook sellers unaware of the actual prices?

Many thanks ?

Clio 197,with megan'
Most people are aware of their cars value.If you are happy looking by yourself, fine, if not take someone with you. Also try the car forums, for sale section.

R3k1355

ClioSport Club Member
Is there likely to be a significant difference or are Facebook sellers unaware of the actual prices?

or are the ones on AutoTrader with trade sellers and have been sat on their forecourt for the last 18 months?

monaco 172
To be fair I was looking on eBay the other day and noticed that 197s have really come down in value.

I fancied one but the shocking fuel economy and cheese gearboxes put me off.

Everyone has different tastes, wants and needs?

Hence my question to the OP.

If his family had a Trophy from the factory and it was a dream car then it would make much more sense to want a car of the same model. Mint cups, trophys and RB 182s are far more desirable than 197s.

Kia Pro_Ceed/Clio182
Hence my question to the OP.

If his family had a Trophy from the factory and it was a dream car then it would make much more sense to want a car of the same model. Mint cups, trophys and RB 182s are far more desirable than 197s.

I would be partial to a RB 182 (I wouldn't say no to a 182 even in titanium if a good one came up), Trophy's are a bit out of my price range unfortunately!

R3k1355

ClioSport Club Member
They say it's getting 12 months MOT for the sale, so they'll have to replace the sensor to pass the test anyway.

For 3 grand it wants to have had the belts done recently, if the belts are due knock a grand off as chances are it's time to do the waterpump and dephaser pulley along with the cam belt kit.