ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Facebook IP Problem

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Ok,

So my college block facebook, but today I used a portable version of firefox and pinged facebook to get its IP, then entered that into the URL. It connected which was great ! However......when you login it just comes up with:

Address Not Found
login.63.186.12 could not be found. Please check the name and try again.
The browser could not find the host server for the provided address.
* Did you make a mistake when typing the domain? (e.g. "ww.mozilla.org" instead of
"www.mozilla.org")
* Are you certain this domain address exists? Its registration may have expired.
* Are you unable to browse other sites? Check your network connection and DNS server settings.
* Is your computer or network protected by a firewall or proxy? Incorrect settings can interfere with Web browsing.

Any ideas on how I can get past this? I tried it on my home PC and the same happens. I can get to the facebook home page, but thats it?

Cupra
The firewall could well be blocking all internet traffic which is not going through the proxy. Can you access any sites?

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
yea, but my college use Bloxx, so ANY proxy sites or any sites with Proxy in the name or description are blocked.

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
I do work. Its just I tend to doss in the LRC for lunch sometimes when I cba to drive home.

Cupra
If portable firefox is still going through BLOXX, then it doesn't matter what IP or address you type in, as soon as the facebook code goes through, it will be blocked. BLOXX reads the coding of pages and not only URLS.

To go back to your other thread;

I'd say you were f**ked personally.