ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Facetime Thread

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
OMG!

634022680283595080-Ipaditsbiggerthananiphonesoitsucksmore.jpg

Mini Cooper S
A mate rang me earlier from his iPhone 4 and we couldn't do it. How the fook does it work?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Must be both connected to WiFi (for now)

Must both have iPhone 4's.

Press FaceTime and it sends the other person an invite, like webcam in IM.

Mini Cooper S
95% of the time, you only have WIFI in office or at home. You're hardly going to start a facetime call in the office. So you'd do it at home. Might as well just use the computer.

Tesla MP3 2021
You have to turn the feature on in the settings, go the the phone section in settings.

I have tried it a couple of times, did cut off quite a bit, not sure if that is down to Apple or what.

When on a call you can request a FaceTime chat or you can actually make a FaceTime call from your contacts straight away.

Mini Cooper S
You have to turn the feature on in the settings, go the the phone section in settings.

I have tried it a couple of times, did cut off quite a bit, not sure if that is down to Apple or what.

When on a call you can request a FaceTime chat or you can actually make a FaceTime call from your contacts straight away.

Mine still isn't working :(

Can you be more specific, where in the settings?

EDIT: Sorted!

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
So is this the same as videocall on my 4 year old k850i?

But less reliable?

;)

But most importantly doesn't make the other person look like a Lego man. Think thats the difference :rasp:

Had my 1st FT call a minute ago and its clear as a bell. Well impressed :D

Tesla MP3 2021
Nope, I have to admit it must be down to Virgin Media as was working fine when me and Ben were using Be.

Might give VM a call for a laugh lol

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
95% of the time, you only have WIFI in office or at home. You're hardly going to start a facetime call in the office. So you'd do it at home. Might as well just use the computer.

seeing as you get free wifi with bt cloud etc and most major citys have this all over them your statement is false.

Tesla MP3 2021
Mine is working fine now, every call has been spot on. Not sure what is wasn't working properly before.