ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Facetime Thread

57 Clio Campus Sport
For those that still don't know FaceTime is in settings under Phone, if it says under the on switch 'waiting to be activated' then try resetting phone.

It will then appear instead of the hold button, not sure where the hold button goes.

I tested with mum both on the same wifi worked extremely well, very clear.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
me and revels just had a w**k off through facetime, his sister walked in the room... i finished first.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
my sim still hasn't activated :(

i want to facetime you guys :(

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
facetime'd for the first time earlier, f**king AWESOME. I'm working on getting my brother to early (very early) upgrade.

Well the chances are it's already changed. Turn them both off. Then turn the 4 back on.

I betcha it's activated. If that fails, plug it into iTunes.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
i tired plugging it into itunes later and syncing but didn't do anything.

just turning it back on now... i want to facetime you.

Gay.

Both phones have wifi connections (the same connection, unless this is my issue?), both sent a text and both have Facetime on in settings etc.

The icon appears in the menu while on the call... But it makes a ringing sound, says connecting... but nothing happens...

Any ideas Apple-ites?

Gay.

Both phones have wifi connections (the same connection, unless this is my issue?), both sent a text and both have Facetime on in settings etc.

The icon appears in the menu while on the call... But it makes a ringing sound, says connecting... but nothing happens...

Any ideas Apple-ites?

Do either of you see yourselves?

Sorry for the late reply, still having issues, Tom, but thanks for the input... Any more ideas?

Dan, yes, see ourselves and that's it. Get the high pitched ring, see ourselves, but don't have a little video recorder icon by the facetime button on each contact... where as another user appears to have an icon?

Any ideas?

Sorry for the late reply, still having issues, Tom, but thanks for the input... Any more ideas?

Dan, yes, see ourselves and that's it. Get the high pitched ring, see ourselves, but don't have a little video recorder icon by the facetime button on each contact... where as another user appears to have an icon?

Any ideas?

Where do you mean? Screenshot?

It does take a second to kick in, it's not instant. What about if you call and then swap to FaceTime. Does that work?

OK, interesting one, I have just changed "My Number" from +44 etc to just 077 etc...

Now under Facetime on/off toggle, I have waiting for activation... possibly solved once the other users get back to the office after lunch??

Where do you mean? Screenshot?

It does take a second to kick in, it's not instant. What about if you call and then swap to FaceTime. Does that work?

Same thing, Dan. Says connecting... then just doesn't connect. Tried about 10 minutes before deciding to end it...

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4245

If you can't place a FaceTime call to a particular contact, try the following:
  • Verify that you have the correct phone number or email address.
  • Ensure that you are using the correct method of contacting the person. If you are calling:
    • An iPhone 4, use the phone number
    • An iPod touch (4th generation), use the email address
  • Ensure that each person has an active Wi-Fi connection.
  • Ensure that the date and time are set correctly on iPod touch (4th generation) when registering your Apple ID for FaceTime.
  • Ensure that the Apple ID you are using to register FaceTime on iPod touch (4th generation) is an email address. If your Apple ID is not an email address, you can change it on appleid.apple.com. This article provides instructions on how to change the Apple ID.
  • When calling someone on an iPod touch (4th generation), ensure that they have verified that email address for use with FaceTime. In addition, they must be signed in to the FaceTime app using the Apple ID associated with that email address.

Pretty certain this is due to one of the points in your post, Tom. I can't seem to accept invitations for the GameCentre while in work either, whereas outside of work it's no problem.

Appreciate the input!

Facetime is absolutely brilliant. Tried it for the first time today on the iPhone 4 in a very worthwhile situation. Video calling may not be new tech, but as usual, Apple have made something brilliant with their own flavour, and probably finally made it something that people actually want to do.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I've still never tried it, really need to.

Don't talk about Gally... I weep a little every time I think of the long haired, Scottish perv.

Facetime is absolutely brilliant. Tried it for the first time today on the iPhone 4 in a very worthwhile situation. Video calling may not be new tech, but as usual, Apple have made something brilliant with their own flavour, and probably finally made it something that people actually want to do.

Oh, and elaborate?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Still not used it, doubt I ever will. I can't think of a situation when I'd want to?

I used it the day I got my iPhone 4. I used it the day after. And a few after that.

Used it about a month ago when a friend got his 4. Other than that, I've not used it.

It's great. Quality is surprisingly good. Easy to use. Just not something I actually need or want.