ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Failed MOT on emissions

Hi

Wonder if anybody can help me out on this one. Failed the MOT today on emissions. Basically it says it failed on "lamda" and the first test ran 1.044 and the second ran 1.129.

Can anybody help me as to why it may have failed. Just got a brand new BTB exhaust and the cat has done about 40k. Seems like it is just over the limit as it says limits are 0.970-1.030.

Thanks

Adam

astra gsi/cliosport 172
i had a astra gsi fail last mth and i got wymms clean burn emissions reducer from halfords for 6.99 and it past nobother

Octavia VRS
Is it a 200 cell sport cat? Iv heard that if you can take the car out and get some serious heat into it Then it will pass the emissions. Could be that perhaps? I will accept that I may stand corrected in the next 5 mins tho!

No it's a standard cat. Well my mate did say just take it for a spirited drive before hand, it should have no bother ha!

So it's the lamda sensor that's broken then? Sorry not very technical minded to be honest, so as much help as possible.