ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

failed mot on emissions

Full fat 182
Hi,
Had my mot today car failed on emissions, tester said it smelt Rich. Here are the results,
Fast idle test
Engine speed 2810 pass
Co 6.53 fail
Hc 350 fail
Lambda 0.827 fail
The cat is worn but doesn't seem to be blowing. Tester said there was a slight misfire at high revs. Plugged obd2 reader in no faults showing. The car only does 5 miles a day but had a 20 minute run before test. It has had a ktech induction kit fitted for 15th months and it hasnt been cleaned
. tester left it running for the whole test so it was warm for the emissions test.
Any help or advice would be great before I go throwing money at the car, again.
Thanks Alex.

If you have a slight misfire it might be worth checking/changing the plugs. You should also be able to tell from the colour of them what sort of condition the engine is in.

If the cat is knackered and you want to stay legal you will need a new or good secondhand one. The misfire may have been the cause of it dying.

Full fat 182
New cat is on the list of things to do so it will be replaced soon. And the plugs where done about 3 months ago with the correct plugs. Last mot passed no problem.

That is way out im a tester myself try some plugs fuel up with some premium and injector cleaner and give it a thrashing a proper thrashing

Full fat 182
I'll give it a go half hour on the motorway do it?? And am I aiming for high revs or just normal high speed driving?

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Hi,
Had my mot today car failed on emissions, tester said it smelt Rich. Here are the results,
Fast idle test
Engine speed 2810 pass
Co 6.53 fail
Hc 350 fail
Lambda 0.827 fail
The cat is worn but doesn't seem to be blowing. Tester said there was a slight misfire at high revs. Plugged obd2 reader in no faults showing. The car only does 5 miles a day but had a 20 minute run before test. It has had a ktech induction kit fitted for 15th months and it hasnt been cleaned
. tester left it running for the whole test so it was warm for the emissions test.
Any help or advice would be great before I go throwing money at the car, again.
Thanks Alex.

This is pre-cat lambda and happened to me in January - a basic fault reader won't see it.

zQpSnHr.jpg

I got the lambda changed and it passed with flying colours.