ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Failed MOT....

Mk2 1.6
This morning I had my car booked in for an MOT only to find that it failed due to emissions, all i have done to that car is put an induction kit on which i didnt think would affect the emissions much. Anyone else failed an MOT due to an induction kit?

Lookin to buy a mk2 clio.
I'm not an expert but the induction kit would only bring air into the engine, the emissions is what goes out so i dont think it'd make loads more. at least not at idle, I dunno how they test these things anyway, I dont think people get failed for them though as lots of people use them? Unless they just slip the garage a tenner or something. mmmm

phase 1 172
i very much doubt it will b ur filter mate, i wud get ur cat checked out either that ur check the readings on the emissins print to make sure they`re tryin it on wiv u

Was a 197
with an air filter your reading will be high for some reason (same with me, only just under to pass), check your lambda sensor, it should be on the downpipe, it might be dirty or something like that, or try the obvious suggestion

Ph1 172 Sunflower :)
i had my mot the day after i bought thatbad tesco petrol and failed on lambda emissions how unlucky am i :). but it sounds like it could jus be a dirty sensor.

LY 182
what did it fail on though, HC CO or lambda, when your car fails an emmisions test the cause is half diagnosed for you!
if it failed on HC you more than likely have a missfire problem you are not burning all petrol efficiently (HC's are unburnt fuel)
if it failed on CO it can be all number of problems thats what you dont want it to fail on
if it failed on lambda high (week mixture) you may get away with something simple like an airleak or even exhaust blowing
lambda low (rich mixture) is going to be shown up on the CO test