ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Failed pedometer for the 3rd time!!!

Insignia SRi
What is it with the pedometer sensor on RS' i've had one go for the 3rd time in 18 months yesterday. Is it normal for them to fail this often?

I only had the last one replaced 4 months ago so hopefully i will be covered by the parts guarentee but just wanted to see if anybody else has had this issue?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
You mean the speedo sensor Steve? I've only ever had one go in all the time I've owned a Clio, and that wasn't an RS, it's a damn easy change, but for so many to go there may be something else at fault?

Insignia SRi
Yeh its the throttle sensor and once it goes it throws the car into safe mode and idles at 3k and no response from the throttle pedal, which isnt convinient with a full race system.

Going to call the garage at lunch and see if its covered cos i aint paying £117 again!