ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fairford Air Tattoo (Saturday 15th July)

Ibis A3 BE
Spotted a few sports in the 'green' car park yesterday at Fairford, including a Trophy and 172 Cup. Anyone on here?

FF Blackgold 182
I was there m8. Blackgold 182 in the Green car park. Really good day. Took loads of photos. Pain in the arse to get out at the end tho.

Ibis A3 BE
Haha! Yeah traffic was a joke at times. As we went last year and weren't too bothered about some of the flights, we headed back to the car after the Lancaster and Spitfire memorial flight therefore managing to catch some of the later flights as we were walking back, and while getting out in the car.

Also the Typhoon jet was powered up and going through all the checks where the walkway goes past the jet parking on the way back to the Green car park - even sat there the noise was deafening.

Hope you had a good time though. I find the traffic is annoying at the time, but compared to what you experience in the day it doesn't matter too much. Also didn't see your 182, but nice to know there were more of us littering the car park! :)

FF Blackgold 182
Yeah m8. I hate the queueing up at the end but, like you say, the day was well worth it. After the Lancaster and Spitfire flight, I went over to the other side to take a few pics of the worlds finest, The Red Arrows all in a row on the tarmac. Might try and put a couple of pics up, if i can. I was forced to park down the bottom on the grass out of the way. The Clio ain't no off road machine, that's for sure. Saw the last couple of flights from the car on the way out. The MiG 29 was the highlight of the day for me. Hope u had a good day too m8 and are still enjoying the sun. Bloody scorcher! Have a goodun! http://www.parkers.co.uk/choosing/pdf/?deriv=27924http://www.parkers.co.uk/choosing/pdf/?deriv=30571http://www.parkers.co.uk/choosing/pdf/?deriv=28154

Ibis A3 BE
Yeah - the Arrows all lined up look superb. My gf is just slightly obsessed by the Red Arrows (I think the flying display and not the pilots...) so we always have to take photo's of them parked up as we walk in! In doing that she managed to get Red 2's signature which was nice.

I parked on the grass too (was there any tarmac parking at all?), think row K8 or something.

The MiG was awesome - I commented on it in the Air Tattoo thread in the General Discussions bit as a highlight - utilising it's thrust to almost 'hover' vertically, what a party piece!!

Caught the sun a bit, but nothing too major. Did try and apply SP15 lotion often though!

I also got quite a few pics, but never really been one to load them onto the net or anything. All in HUGE format straight from my cam at 3/5/7 MP and sat on my hard disk. If I do get them on the net I'll let you know.

Cheers for now.

fat 182
did you see my one of my old girls parked up the jaguar GR

i spend most of the week fixing her air brakes to get her there

Liquid yellow 182
Wish we'd gone now, sounds like a good day out! I got stuck in the bloody traffic on the A419 mind you; felt like part of it all!! ;)