ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fake s**t... It sucks.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
as for the others that say jap parts are to expensive well... you don't deserve jap!

for instance on ebay you can buy a "feed front bumper" for a mazda rx7 fd3s, yet the fitment on them is SO bad its stupid, one guy on the rx7 club had one and the amount of work it took to get to fit as it should and be straight and not look s**t, cost him about 100 less that buying a genuine item which fits 100%, 100% of the time!

or like a few years ago when people were selling "greddy style extended sumps" for 200sx's, bearing in mind at the time a genuine one was about 130 quid, the "copies" were about 70 quid... so not a massive saving, however, after a few runs the "copies" became porous and began to leak oil through the metal lol! so now you have a couple litres more oil in your sump, thats amazing... however it all leaks through the material it is made of lol!!!!

or again exhaust manifolds, great until you look inside and there are big lumps of weld and wire just hanging there, thats great until it falls off and goes through your expensive turbo lol, or the inlet manifolds that were the same, bits of s**t inside them start the car and polish and port the engine with weld and wire lol!

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Saw this on DW. f**king brilliant! Considering they sell rotas and use them for drifting, they can't be as bad as that wheel ;) (FAO 'tophers comment).

Megane 225 F1
If you've got the traction light up I'd wager you've damaged something. You saying "ripped out" made me think it was deliberate. Did the slipring rotate while you had the wheel off? If it's out of position that will bring up the light too.

The coil of airbag wire came out and I couldn't get it back in so I unplugged it.

I may have damaged something while doing this but the light came on straight after I put the new wheel on back in June and I was very careful when doing that. Just seen that the sliprings aren't that expensive. Might purchase one if it comes to that.

CBR1K, F21 125D
Their gear is on par with Tegiwas.

That's a low par. Very low.

But they're richer than me and taking advantage of the trends that people desire, so wtf do i know.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
almost semi tempted to comment on driftworks about that, say something like "ok so a fake copy of a steering wheel is bad and you **** it off, however you openly sell fake copies of genuine road wheels??" watch them come back with ahh yeh but rotas are well made.... the argument would go on for ages, at the end of the day... fake s**t is fake s**t, buy it and you are kidding your self and possibly putting lives in danger, that is unless its rotas and sold by driftworks, then its ok... LOL!

LOL. :eek:

40-page thread in an hour.

Lol and his response.

Rota's are not pretending to be anything else...

at least he got called out on that though..

Rotas aren't pretending to be anything else? Every wheel they make is a copy of another legit one, much like the steering wheel you bought. And yes, a cast Rota is not as strong as a forged Volk. Regardless, that's your own choice, but when's the last time Rota came up with something new and contributed to our industry?

Disastra Coupe
as for the others that say jap parts are to expensive well... you don't deserve jap!

I'll get slated for saying this because i'm not a popular member but that seems a really retarded thing to say.

Jap stuff is madly priced. All my friends into their Jap car's have admitted to this... It is largely due to the scene tax aswell. Because they're popular people will pay it. I'd rather stick to my cheap French stuff for that reason. I can have just as much fun in my Clio as i could an EP3.

Not to completely call Jap stuff mind, i would love an S2k. I wouldn't love the expense of modding one however :( lol.

I'll get slated for saying this because i'm not a popular member but that seems a really retarded thing to say.

Jap stuff is madly priced. All my friends into their Jap car's have admitted to this... It is largely due to the scene tax aswell. Because they're popular people will pay it. I'd rather stick to my cheap French stuff for that reason. I can have just as much fun in my Clio as i could an EP3.

Not to completely call Jap stuff mind, i would love an S2k. I wouldn't love the expense of modding one however :( lol.

You've got to remember that the main reason is that Japan is the other side of the work. I bought a backbox from Yahoo auctions. Brand new, just over £100. By the time it got here and fat man Gordan Brown took his share it came in at £300.

Then when people sell they want their money back. So instead of charging the just over £100 they charge just under £300.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

no, Jap stuff stays expensive because so many people copy the stuff they make... for instance a re amemiya gt rear wing, will cost 1500 just for the wing and legs... now thats a lot of money yes! there are cheaper wings, except none of them are wind tunnel tested etc, plus you can fit a re am wing and stand on it and it won't break... cheaper wings will... if you want something that is for looks buy cheaper if you want something proven in design and works like it should you pay more... simple.

Disastra Coupe
no, Jap stuff stays expensive because so many people copy the stuff they make... for instance a re amemiya gt rear wing, will cost 1500 just for the wing and legs... now thats a lot of money yes! there are cheaper wings, except none of them are wind tunnel tested etc, plus you can fit a re am wing and stand on it and it won't break... cheaper wings will... if you want something that is for looks buy cheaper if you want something proven in design and works like it should you pay more... simple.

Really not trying to argue with this post lol... But i'd say probably for most people if they're buying a spoiler it's more for looks than downforce etc. On a road you generally wouldn't notice the difference anyway as you hardly get a chance to go fast enough.

Fair enough on a track car if you're after every ounce of performance possible... But as a road car, which the majority of car's are - it makes little difference.

Though as shown in the video, you also have to buy with safety in mind lol.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
but its fitment too lol?! you buy a cheap exhaust the flanges aren't flat, it hits the bottom of the car, the silencers break... buy a proper jap make, its designed to work with the car perfectly... same with body kits, buy cheap knockoff's you have to do s**t loads of work to make them fit, i know this as i have seen first hand! buy cheap coilovers, they leak, they are s**t and make the car handle worse... there is a reason people buy cheap s**t... its because they are cheap them selves...

and the re amemiya gt spoiler is proven to give downforce over 50mph... which is easily possible on a road... really if you can't see the justification in buying genuine parts i suggest you stick to a clio until you die from using brake pads made of sand and wood.

Disastra Coupe
I'd say it sounds more like because you can afford these thing's and sit reading the internet too much you take it all as gospel regards that spoiler lol.

On the road you can't go quick enough to notice any difference from a spoiler. Anyone who say's you can is a plain numpty.

Track, yes. Road, no.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
LOL u dude!

i have had map cars for over 7 years now... i have driven and been in pretty much every type of performance car japan has ever made... i owned a 200sx with "cheap" coilovers, the biggest mistake i ever made, i have seen pretty much every type of mod ever done... i drove a rx7 with cheap coilovers on d2 racing ones, now on the outside they look nice, but they ride horrible, they handle worse than stock i have a set of ohlin 3 way adjustable coilovers on the car... now price wise, cheap coilovers 350-500 quid, my ohlins 1500-1800, now if you REALLY can't tell the difference and you think i just read the internet you are smoking crack... on the road it feels comfortable, you can handle a drive in it and be happy... cheap ones make you want to cry...

now front bumpers for instance genuine feed front bumper with shipping is 600-800 quid you can get a copy off of ebay for 200 quid....

here is an example of why cheap is a bad idea...

231.jpg

look how well this bumper fits a stock rx7 body!

232.jpg

233.jpg

now a stock bumper to show its not the car

234.jpg

so there is another point proven!

the same guy gave up with the above bumper and got another one from ebay (both were from uk companies that "guarantee fitment" of their bumpers they supply)
242.jpg

still dog s**t fit!

oh and not just the bumpers...

skirts
11.jpg

12.jpg

fit again is crap... guy worked in a body shop and was doing it on the cheap... so cheap he had to buy 3 bumpers, which out cost the price of a genuine one...

buy cheap buy twice, when you realise how crap cheap is and have to replace with a genuine item! I'm happy with my £1900 front bumper, that fits spot on no issues... I'm happy with my 1500 coilovers that feel comfy! I'm happy with my stand alone ecu that will work better than any "chip" you can ever get lol.... i drive a 500bhp car, i would rather not drive it and save to buy the genuine parts that put money in peoples pockets who fake stuff, but whilst there are cheap people like your self they will still be in pocket.

Disastra Coupe
Where did i say cheap coilovers were going to be as good as more expensive one's? I was talking about the spoiler in the above post. We all know suspension, brakes and tyre's make a big difference. Spoiler's make next to no difference on the road.

I did start typing an essay back - but tbh, it's late, i'm tired and i've got an early morning.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Driftworks have banned me from posting in that video and removed my Rota comment.

LOL. Touchy bearded f*cks.

Double standards FTL.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Errrm....why is he wearing mirrorred sunglasses and have his hood up indoors? Iz it coz he lookz cool? Blud.

Ginger beard is ginger.