ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fake s**t... It sucks.

G

Gregor11

I want one of those fake ones, build quality looks second to none!!

Disastra Coupe
Now, i bought a cheaper OMP 'copy' wheel before and that was fine. THAT is made of cheese lol.

If i thought a steering wheel wasn't safe i wouldn't fit it. So it's not to say they're all like that. My OMP rep was in my Saxo, then my mate's Saxo, then another mate's Saxo and now in my mates Civic and the only sign of wear on it is the leather showing a little bit of age.

But yes, the one in the video - cheese.

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
Theres a huge for and against on the honda scene about this, JDM stuff is so overpriced that a lot of manufactures are selling idenntical copies for a fraction of the price.eg Mugen Air box £600 plus http://www.nengun.com/mugen/intake-honda-integra-dc2 And a good copy that costs £295 pretty much identical http://www.tegiwaimports.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=dc2+carbon&inc_subcat=1

Japanese branded performance part prices always amuse me, as do people who spend silly amounts of money for "special" radiator caps, grounding kits etc... The jap scene seems to have the most snake oil for sale and of course the most suckers for it!

Disastra Coupe
I'll agree on the Jap scene being over priced. It's ridiculous and one of the main reasons i haven't gone Jap.

They just seem to make prices up because the r****d scene people will pay it.

Disastra Coupe
Cretins. Support the companies that designed the stuff, not copied it :rolleyes:

I'm all for that too... But if you can get something which IS good quality and is cheaper then my bank account tell's me what to do. So long as it's a safe item and not the cheese in the video ofcourse lol.

Attention seeking wannabe posers buy fake s**t. If you can't afford the real deal buy second hand or buy a cheaper but still respected companies product instead.

Megane 225 F1
Fitted now. Ripped the airbag wires out completely. Don't need them. Just need to sort the TC light now which I swear has something to do with the wheel.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Fitted now. Ripped the airbag wires out completely. Don't need them. Just need to sort the TC light now which I swear has something to do with the wheel.

Wheel position sensor I think is your problem.

PMSL, Will you dick the slipring also has the steering angle sensor in it which will balls up the traction. Get yourself to Renault and buy yourself a new one you tool.

If you've got the traction light up I'd wager you've damaged something. You saying "ripped out" made me think it was deliberate. Did the slipring rotate while you had the wheel off? If it's out of position that will bring up the light too.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Next week, we test Rota.

almost semi tempted to comment on driftworks about that, say something like "ok so a fake copy of a steering wheel is bad and you **** it off, however you openly sell fake copies of genuine road wheels??" watch them come back with ahh yeh but rotas are well made.... the argument would go on for ages, at the end of the day... fake s**t is fake s**t, buy it and you are kidding your self and possibly putting lives in danger, that is unless its rotas and sold by driftworks, then its ok... LOL!