ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

false floor/sub advice please! :)

Renault Clio 53 1.2
hi, so i have pored through tones of different forums and threads and still not any the wiser soo...
this is a list of what i have currently installed
-focal 13cm components in the front (amped)
-6x9 (i know there rubbish want to get rid of them they where a temporary solution) (amped)
- 4 channel diamond audio d6 300.4 powering the above speakers (4 awg power and earth)

not installed
- 8" rockford fosgate 8ohms svc 250w rms sub

problem.. well i want a bit more low end without loosing any boot space, i i thought i would build a false floor with a sub box constructed in the floor and hiding the amp just so the sub was visable and have only lost 5 or so inches at the bottom of the boot

question is, firstly an amp question, if i where to disconnect the 6x9s and wire it of the rear channel bridged for the sub? or should i keep the 6x9s and get a mono block amp?
question 2, is the sub up to the job, i want a low end thump but not the entire car reverberating around my head a balanced system?
question 3, if the sub was up to the job? what kinda shape inclosure should i look at, depth volume etc? ported sealed small big? i want a good balanced system and the focal speakers do a great job amped for high mids and highs, just want something to fill in that lower end

so anyone who has experimented or can help me out that would be great i am willing to buy some other stuff amps subs etc, just would be good to use what i have got?, i did try the sub without the 6x9 and it was fine, the problem the 6x9 provide very strong mids, anyway what would be my best combination
btw i have a clio ph2 mk2 if thats any relevants,
here is a photo of a boot in a 182 i saw and kinda wanted to achieve , but with the amp under the floor.
3787738791_ac22066ed3.jpg
thanks in advance and sorry for the long post there is only so much you can read before you gotta make a decision and get the jig saw out.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
There was a thread on here recently with photos showing how it's done. The bloke even said he would build them to sell. I've had a quick look through but can't see it. Have a good search because it was exactly what your asking for.

Renault Clio 53 1.2
it wasn't so much on how to make it was the problem it was the size of box i should be looking at etc, could i remove the tool kit and build it into there?

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Mate this thread showed the bloke raising the floor a few inches and then building a fibreglass enclosure by using a bucket as a template. The end product was pretty awesome.