ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fan stuck on full, but all climate control functions work?

Just wondering if this is the result of the resistor pack transistor failure, or is it something else?

I can use all climate control functions, however the fan is always stuck on full when I turn the car on - and even though I change the fan speed settings (and the display changes) the fan stays on full and I can't turn it off, even when I turn the climate control off the fan stays on.

I'm happy to replace the transistor myself (found on ebay and am happy to solder) - but perhaps my problems is different - since those threads seem to start with people not having the fan working at all?
Or is stuck on full still just a transistor failure?

Thanks

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Hi
Just got the exact same problem with fan on full all the time (even with unit switched off) and trying to find a fix. Been pointed towards the resistor/transistor problem and replacement, but believe a messy fix with potting.
Is the pack the better, quicker and easier way to go for the money?

when mine went I had no fans at all until I bridged 2 terminals on the resistor plug then they came on full..
I got a transistor from ebay and replaced myself total cost under 3 quid.. make sure you have a good solder sucker or wick for removal of the old one

Westfield, 182, 200
Use one of the repair companies on ebay, they cost about £24 and you get a guarantee.
I swapped the transistor on mine twice but they didn't last long, so bought a used one!

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Ianboom - funnilyI lived in Shirley a long, long time ago. But being on the other side of the world the changeover would take too long.

Westfield, 182, 200
Ianboom - funnilyI lived in Shirley a long, long time ago. But being on the other side of the world the changeover would take too long.
You made the right descision-I'm jealous!
Conservative council sold a large chunk of the park to asda and they chopped a lot of old oak trees down-toxxers!
Good to see you can get Clio sports over there!