ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fancy a Shampoo Change

al

ST on the way...
For the past ???? years i've always stuck with AutoGlym shampoo and always found it to do a decent job, but i'm fancying a change.

Any reccomendations?

106 GTi
Ag Shampoo is poo!

CG Wash'n'wax
Sonax Gloss Shampoo
Zymol Blue (Turtle wax!)
Einzett 1Z Exclusive Shampoo

Depends what I feel like using on the day!

al

ST on the way...
Unless I use loads of shampoo and really get it soaked into the sponge it doesn't foam at all, which being as i'm gonna get the car PC'd (contacted steve off DW) it's quite disconcerting!

If you could only use one of those 4 Rich which would it be? :)

106 GTi
AG formulate it so it does not foam, they say it does not need to which is true, the foam is not what makes it slick or highly lubricating.

All have pros and cons - If I had to pick one:

For me still the Sonax, leaves a great finish, kind on wax but cleans well and cheap through my local Vauxhall dealer.

CG has the edge on finish as it is a wash and wax product, but is mail order only.

The Zymol is the easyist to get, Halfords etc, and maybe the highest foamer.

Cant go wrong with any.

Lee

BMW M2C
I've used the Zymol Blue stuff in the past as well as NXT shampoo, both lather up nicely.

At the moment as the car was only recently waxed I'm using proper Zymol Autobathe which doesn't lather at all.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Try some of this from carwashnwax , not loads n loads of suds but as Rich says it doesn't need to be as long as it is slick and this stuff is very slick , leaves the car looking great .

Discount for CS members if you e mail David Graham .

Plus lots of other good products that he sells so its probably worth buying a few things as the P+P is the same for one item as it is for multiple items .XXX hardcore paste wax is very good also , easy on and easy off :)

http://www.carwashnwax.com/10278/info.php?p=6&cat=20192

106 GTi
joshydee said:
I really like the Halfords own stuff. its really good for the money.

Cleans well and leaves a great finish. Use it on my daily drive 306 and Dads Van. Like you say nice and cheap too, My wheeland arches shampoo on the 182.

The NXT shampoo is great for cleaning but unkind on the waxes and sealants.

al

ST on the way...
Thanks for the assistance guys! :)

I'm assuming then more lather = less chance of swirls, I also already use Tesco microfiber sponges to help.

al

ST on the way...
Lol! ^^

Out of interest Rich how much is the Sonax? Is it something all VX dealers do? and final question for the £5 prize........... it's not a 10 gallon drum is it?!?! :S

106 GTi
Depends what size you want! ;) You can get large ones if that floats your boat!

All Vauxhall dealers can order it in. Last time I paid 3.90 for a litre. But prices have gone up since.

Paypal me it now biatch!

al

ST on the way...
Big big big!!! :D

I'll call in to the one near where I work, make some enquiries, cheers!! :)

And here's your prize (not of ANY monitary value)

The Detailing Guru:

guru_ramdas.jpg

^^^ You can even see hit MF's drying by his side ;)

al

ST on the way...
Got some Zymol, and it's pissing it down!! Hopefully Sonax should be here tomorrow or day after! :)

Skoda Fabia vRS
i used Sonax and thought it was superb, until i went back to NXT shampoo which gave a far better finish IMO

al

ST on the way...
Tried Zymol a couple of hours ago, seemed ok, dried a BIT easier than AG, didn't look THAT different.

It definately foamed a lot more than AG.

al

ST on the way...
Tried both now.

I think the Sonax is slightly better than the Zymol but only slightly.

Got a megs water magnet too, got rid of water verrrry easily but left annoying little streaks when it was getting full.