ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fancyplates 3/4 front plate and VRS front splitter

02teasda

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 172 Cup
Just fitted my new front plate and VRS splitter after giving the Cup a good clean!
027d70c8-16c6-2786.jpg

02teasda

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 172 Cup
Apologies, should be in exterior & bodywork! Someone move it please?

02teasda

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 172 Cup
Nice height, but why did you get the plate so skinny?
Personally think it looks much better if it fills the recess.

It's just what came from fancy plates mate looks a hundred times better than standard though

Ph2 Clio 172
Plates to small, should have gone with standard width and reduced height. Splitter is good though, I love mine.

PB Clio 172
not a fan of the plates, isnt this an easy way to get pulled by the traffic cops?

I would frankly not bother.

02teasda

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 172 Cup
Plates to small, should have gone with standard width and reduced height. Splitter is good though, I love mine.

Yeah I know mate didn't really think about it just clicked the 3/4 option. Ordered a new one today 520mm X 92mm so should fill the recess really well :D

rcz 200gt
More or less same size as mine 520 x 90 plain white been on three years and never been pulled ( which i will probs regret sayin now )

02teasda

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 172 Cup
More or less same size as mine 520 x 90 plain white been on three years and never been pulled ( which i will probs regret sayin now )

Yeah hopefully fully the recess well. Can't see why they would bother its standard uk text, and unless you're driving like a tit...

Clio Dynamique+ 1.4
I think the plate will be illegal regardless. Also personally I'd wanna fill the gap that's left in the front. Liking the splitter :)

02teasda

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 172 Cup
I think the plate will be illegal regardless. Also personally I'd wanna fill the gap that's left in the front. Liking the splitter :)

Cheers the splitter makes the world of difference to the front end IMO and I've ordered a slightly wider and ever so slightly higher front plate to completely fill the recess. Although agreed it probably is still illegal I just think it makes such a difference to the aesthetics of the car :)

Looking for 182
Should have got the standard 520mm length, but with 84 (or 90)mm height, it fills the recess perfectly and attracts less unwanted attention.

EDIT: Just seen your post above. I agree, 3/4 size plate looks so much better!

Clio Dynamique+ 1.4
Meh screw it, if you get stopped by police, play stupid! Got me off a £30 fine for fog lights a fair few times haha!