ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO 182 owners

when you set off from key on, do you hear or feel a clunk (abs self test). how bad/loud is it, mine is very loud and i have told reno i am not prepared to accept that my brand new car is making a vicious clunk as i set off. we have all paid a lot of money for a car with the latest in modern technology, cars 30 years ago did not clunk as they set off. MOST cars today have abs, MOST of these do not clunk so why should reno be able to say well that is just how they are and we all meekly accept that. if reno have designed an abs pump that clunks, they should re-design it, we pay enough money for our cars and should not have to put up with it. please let me know the extent of the problem and try give me some kind of idea as to how loud the noise is on your car and if you can feel a grating/ grinding through the clutch pedal. reno say its normal , i say bollox

Mine does it but its not as noticable as your sounds, other problem is a whining noise on passenger side front which am am keeping an ear on (its not the gearbox though, noise does not go away when I put clutch in) Going back to ABS test, my Bro has got an imprezza and he says his does a self test and he can hear that as well

mine is really loud, which makes me wonder that i may have a fault on the pump. does anyone have a 182 that sets off smoothly?

My 206 GTI has a quite load ABS test clunk when I first set off. Never really bothers me. Its the reoccuring sounds whilst driving that gets on my nerves. Although not noticed it on other cars. A french thing maybe?

dk

911 GTS Cab

mine does it but it doesnt bother me, if its a self test then it makes me known that its testing itself.

I had a knocking sound when moving in traffic which renault said they solved last friday but they havent, it still does it.

Astra VXR 17/05/07

Mine does the test thingy but i have to admit i cant hear it and unless im concentrating dont even notice it.It is very subtle on mine and i can only just about feel it.

what would you do if you were to test drive a second hand car and as you set off it made a clunk. let me guess, you would not buy it! so when you come to sell your car you are limited to the people that are aware of the clunk being the abs pump as potential buyers, everyone else WILL RUN A MILE . that is my point!

Quote: Originally posted by MrAtego on 26 April 2004

Also spoke to a mate who has a scenic, his used to do it but it has now stopped, now he is panicking!!!
i always thought the warning lights were meant to tell you if something was not working, so, no annoying grating clunk - no brakes lol

I have not heard a clunk of any description from my car, should I be worried that the ABS is not clunking properly?? ;)

I should stop saying this as I am tempting fate but my 182 is flawless to date (2k miles), no clunks, rattles, bangs or any unusual or annoying noises whatsoever.

If you wanted a car that is super quiet with no rattles or strange noises you should have bought a BMW!!!

I bought a 182 cause i wanted a car that was fast and cheap, you cant really expect super good build quailty for the price you pay for one!!

Anyway the best cure for a strange noise is to turn the tunes up, problem solved........

Dont expect even BMWs to be rattle free by the way ha ha just got rid of mine ;) i am now carless until my 182 comes

My old 318is used to rattle but i have been in a new 318is and it was super quiet..........maybe a Bentley would be rattle free...........

Just chill and enjoy your motor for what it is!! (A rattling little pocket rocket)

I just sold a 318tse and it was fairly quiet apart from one or two rattles now and again ..... build quality is good though nice rubber on dash and doors ..

Just turn up the moosic i do :D

Quote: Originally posted by welsh182 on 27 April 2004

I have not heard a clunk of any description from my car, should I be worried that the ABS is not clunking properly?? ;)

I should stop saying this as I am tempting fate but my 182 is flawless to date (2k miles), no clunks, rattles, bangs or any unusual or annoying noises whatsoever.
i would be crapping it mate coz if it doesnt clunk its f**ked ;)

Orange 182

Mine doesnt seem to make a loud clunk at all Im afraid, but Ive started noticing more little rattles whilst driving... I just bang the music up!

Mine also does it just done over 200 miles in it now and am well pleased with it that noise doesnt bother me at all but i know what you mean you can really feel the clunk through the clutch pedal as you pull away it only does it the once though as long as there is no flashing warning lights im happy

Disco 5 ,Monaro VXR

no noises frim mine and ive done 600 miles in mine and it sounds to me like the raid setting has been turned on in your car try turning it off i thought mine was faulty till i turned thr stupid thing off.