ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO adi, craggy, jon and paddy

clio 20v

mine 1.8 16v piper x ind kit mongoose exhaust and de-cat 117 @ wheels before the exhaust

craggy- standard 1.6 16v saxo vts

paddy-standard mk2 172 152 @wheels

jon- willy1 149 @ wheels k+n panel filter de-cat and exhaust

i think all these are right

adi

mk2 172

jon - willy, mailto:14.8@york">14.8@york 1/4 mile, 149 bhp@ the wheels, replacement panel, de-cat,devil exhaust, and i reckon sum1 may have chipped it cos of thespeeds in does in the gears, maybe not tho!

craggy - boggo 52 plate vts showing 1000 miles

paddy - 152bhp @ wheels (as it should be(well almost) 172

adi - zorst de-cat ind, was 117 @ wheels when standard. now its got more.

mk2 172

damm, beat me by seconds lol!

adi, can you explain to these that yours is a very fast valver!, people have trouble seeing past the clio visor lol!

clio 20v

i know i feel a bit sad but those saxos are damn quick i know people are thinkin the mighty valver cant get beat by a saxo all the boy racer brigade own saxos

but vtss arnt exactly common ive raced hundereds of vtrs but only ever once well twice now come up against a vts and i even thought of one wen looking for my valver but the higher price and insurance cost put me off and i didnt like the interior

plus the 1.6 16v engine is very good and a lot put out more than 120bhp, like i said before off the line a vts with a decent driver i wouldnt be surprised if any valver slightly modded i.e ind kit zorst chip and even cams wont pull away from 1

mine isnt slow i raced clean16v down the lancs and pulled a slight gap his has same mods as mine plus a chip and was roaded at about 145 at the fly

adi

clio 20v

might i add though for my egos sake if id have got a good start as craggy it would have been a bit more level

dontya agree craggy!

adi

so strange as my mates got a vts and when we went out i pulled away with ease! followed by a gti turbo golf then him trailing

clio 20v

i raced one other before but from a rolling start and pulled a cars length i could of got the power down before him or he could have been a sh*t driver

i think ull just have to go and race craggy heh heh

adi

mk2 172

yes adi, and the last vid shows what you can do, i still win, but i dont know how good a start i got cos the vid seems to start in second, i pull away a bit, but its good. shame the start is missed tho!

mk2 172

in fact, that vid is from first and that was your best run, so your ego can get a hike!, even the way paddy and jon fall back will make some people say your closing, but if you watch closely im pulling ever so slightly. but not enough to claim a toast, sure your wheels would even it a bit

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

Excellent clips there. Well done Craggy, I think your driving style and matrix stylee gear changes give you a little advantage. Would be good if there was another VTS there with a different driver or maybe even to swap cars for a couple of runs. Im certainly starting to doubt if Id have a chance against you! Maybe when I get the head work and cams but I suppose it wouldnt really be fair then!

Adi, someone nicked your reno badge mate. Cars lookin nice too, them clusters look good on the silver!?

clio 20v

craggy vs adi 2 thats the one where i left second on the road lol u can hear it screamin of the limiter it was even in first though heh heh

adi

clio 20v

think he meant matrix style u go that fast it goes into slow motion heh heh, i got some good starts in as well need to sort out me clutch cable for some better changes, i reckon i could at least make it absolutely neck an neck

adi

clio 20v

right has every one seen the last clip craggy vs adi 1

its lots closer and craggy got a slightly better start but u cant see the start but u can ask 2 live or paddy if u want

i feel much better now and so shud every one else

adi

i have "raced" with adi and through gears there is nothing between us, on the lancs he was gaining and on A34 i pulled away slightly so it is neck and neck. had mine RR at 144bhp@fly. would love to give u a go from standing start though adi so my chip can hopefully show money well spent......well done to all but sad to see VTS faster:cry:

clio 20v

nah definately not heh heh

im not sayin my car is quicker cos its not its about the same but if anything the vts is slightly faster, wish id hav put the 15s on though

adi

williams and trophy

lol if u look closely ul see the reason i was takin it steady lol

i had the kiddie seats in.................... but when i got home i got a right bollockin of the mrs.........wheres the fukin pram u dikhead ,i wanted to take the kids a walk???????

errrrrrrrrrrr in the boot of the car lol

there must be at least an extra 50 kilos in the pram n 2 baby seats n all toys hahahahaha

williams and trophy

hehe craggy did me n paddy scare u???? lol

SLOW DOWN THEN BOYS... lol i was jus gettin up to speed lol

320d M Sport

too right Jon!!! I didnt i just kept me foot down to about 125 in the end! Im up for a rematch, it was too close!

Quote of the day has to go to Jon after he burns past Adi....

"And theres a bus", calm as you like on a wet road, on the wrong side doing about 100mph.

Respect is due!

williams and trophy

hehe thanx mate. bet ur glad u were filmin sideways n not facin it eh? lol

a rematch is no prob mate but next time itsd gunna have to be where theres no houses within a 2 mile radius i reckon lol

or HORSES for that matter hehe

Guys, me and Ellen saw that bus way before you set off....couldnt believe that it was 19 seconds after setting off before you saw it!!!!!

Rhys

PS: We need an airfield or other private road. Not too keen on the idea of racing into potential oncoming traffic myself!

320d M Sport

me neither.....couldnt believe how calm Jon was though...listen to him on the video "........and theres a bus" feck me.

mk2 172

i have found two more very similar private roads;), need to check traffic, but one looks good for top speed runs he he he

williams and trophy

i know of a couple round here but 1 is a little tite n bumpy to be gettin 2 cars side by side n 1 involves a little uphill but its about 2 miles long

let me know wot u think

clio 20v

ive been lookin round mine and round my g/f near where we had the nw meet last and not found much straight or quiet enough for two cars side by side other than the lancs he he

found one decent rd ded straight and flat but theres nowhere to stop really and i need to check how quiet it is

its going to be the place for my nxt lot of ap22 runs, we havin another street race day then craggy ill bring the ap nxt time