ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO: Automatic Drivers

BMW M3 - For Sale!
sorry for borin everyone with another thread like this, but this one should be more interesting than normal!

right, i wanna no how much roughly my car is worth. now, how the hell do i start explaining what my car is? lol

it was a 1994, L reg, 1.4 RT, Mk1 Phase 2, Automatic.

it now has a 1.8 RSi engine with an automatic gear box from a 1.8 Baccarra (RSi is a faster engine). the engine has been fully rebuilt by GDI and has warranty until September '06. it also has a lightened flywheel and 2 ECU's (because it was a b*****d tryin to make an RSi into an automatic!)

the engine is currently on about 3k miles (after rebuild) and the car itself is on about 80k miles.

the car has been looked after very well and ive got all MOT's and nearly every single receipt on everything ever bought for the car in its lifetime.

features: a few car park dents, no scratches - so bodywork is nearly perfect. 16" Hi Octane alloys, lowered 35mm on springs, full-through powerflow exhaust (lifetime guarantee), window tints.
valver bonnet, valver wings, valver front bumper, valver spolier. < all recently been resprayed
valver front brake set up using brembo discs, calipers are painted red, decat, clear side repeaters, pioneer head unit, toad ai606 thatcham cat 1 alarm.

forgot to add - the automatic gearbox doesnt have to be in D all the time... you can actually change up/down with the gears too (but its still classed as an auto) so there is hardly any lag when you use it like that! when you give someone a race, beat them, and then tell em' its an auto, the look on their face is priceless!

woo... my fingers hurt from typin now!

anyways, dont forget people, this is a complete one-off car! there is no other RSi that is an automatic in the whole world! (as far as i'm aware)

so, to someone with an automatic only drivin license, that wants a fast-ish car, it will be very special and hopefully valuable? right?

and before anyone starts sayin you can buy a valver for under £2k, i'm talkin strictly about automatics!

bloody hell... one last thing i promise!... the car is washed usually washed at least once a week too (nearly every day in the summer! lol)

if anyone wants pics, then i'll post em up but i think pics are irrelevant really arent they?

Last edited:
  BMW M3 - For Sale!
standard 1.4 auto's are goin for around £2k on autotrader but this should be worth a lot more to the right person shouldnt it?

(sorry about the MASSIVE first post lol)

BMW M3 - For Sale!
£16000! ;)

seriously tho, ive got no idea. i suppose i cant really get ideas on the price... ive just gotta find the right buyer i guess

BradRT said:
£16000! ;)

seriously tho, ive got no idea. i suppose i cant really get ideas on the price... ive just gotta find the right buyer i guess

True, i think the things to remember are this:

1/ Your looking at a very limited market. Most people that buy an auto aren't really interested in performance, an if they wanted an auto Clio, they'd proberly look at buying a standard RT or Baccara especially around that age.

2/ When you heavely modify a car, you never ever get anywhere near the money that you've spent on it back, sad but true fact, hence most people put there cars back to normal before selling them on. Unfortunately not easy to do so in your case.

3/ At the end of the day it will be upto your personal circumstances, i.e how soon you need to sell, can you hang on to the car for a week, month or year before you find that unique buyer? TBH I think your gonna have trouble shifting this one for anything more than 2k, but you never know!

All the best with the sale, Steve.

BMW M3 - For Sale!
steveV6 said:
True, i think the things to remember are this:

1/ Your looking at a very limited market. Most people that buy an auto aren't really interested in performance, an if they wanted an auto Clio, they'd proberly look at buying a standard RT or Baccara especially around that age.

2/ When you heavely modify a car, you never ever get anywhere near the money that you've spent on it back, sad but true fact, hence most people put there cars back to normal before selling them on. Unfortunately not easy to do so in your case.

3/ At the end of the day it will be upto your personal circumstances, i.e how soon you need to sell, can you hang on to the car for a week, month or year before you find that unique buyer? TBH I think your gonna have trouble shifting this one for anything more than 2k, but you never know!

All the best with the sale, Steve.

exactly what i was thinking... i reckon i could prob get £3k unless i find that 'special' person lol

thanks steve :D

BMW M3 - For Sale!
give me a min and i'll put em up...

havent got any proper pics tho... they all look sh!t to be honest! lol

BMW M3 - For Sale!
1.gif

5.gif

3.gif

4.gif

2.gif

BMW M3 - For Sale!
top one looks the best IMO and the one at the bottom was a pic from the 1 day ever that it was filthfy! lol

BMW M3 - For Sale!
thank u :approve:

me too (re: the wheels)

i'm either gonna spray em black with silver round the edge or get a new set... most likely the latter

watch out for the photoshop thread comin within the next couple of months lol

Punto/Clio GTT
3k? no chance, nothin against the car, looks mint mate, but a 1.8 auto must appeal to a very very very small audience. if it was still a 1.4 with rebuilt engine and mint condition maybe 2 n half.

personally ide split it and not waste time waitin for this "right " buyer to come. sell the engine and box, throw in a 1.4 rt, maybe standard alloys? and probly get 1500 for it if its in mint nick, plus the money from wheels/1.8 etc.
might just get your 3k.

BMW M3 - For Sale!
na, i'm not gonna break the car or anything like that to sell it. just gonna wait for the right buyer... i'm in no rush at all.

where do you guys reckon i should advertise this? dont think there are any auto enthusiast clubs are there!?