ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO BenR

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

I noticed in another thread you said that the Single Point Injection on an RT was crap. Well at the moment mine seems to have lost a fair bit of power, is it possible that this could be caused by the Injection system, and if so is there anything I can do about it.

Also, do you think that running some 10k boost through it would make any difference or is this over rated.

Cheers

Rick

10K boost is not much more than simple carb cleaner. It just de-cokes the intake system (in which its mostly gum not coke) then get burnt so doesnt really de-cocke the exhaust where all teh carbon is.

ANyway, the SPi system is an awful setup, nothing more than a very simple carb and just plain crap!

mine actually has a major fuelling prob whereby the injector actually starts stops very quickly and so the engine judders alot...you can see the injector spraying, then not, then spraying etc etc....have a look.