ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO Black Car Owners..

106 GTi
I don't clean my (soon not to mine) Black car very often, that said I never drive the thing !!!!

Was nice to drive it on Sat for the third time this year Peter ! lol

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Im going halves (might even be 3rds if i can get my bro to chip in) on a PC..probably a G220.

Sending off for afew sonus towels and buffers on cleanyoucar in the next half hour.

Ive got faith.. :)

Nice one. Also you do realise that Rich will forbid you to drive it in the rain!!!! Just get some tips off him when you pick it up ;)

I don't clean my (soon not to mine) Black car very often, that said I never drive the thing !!!!

Was nice to drive it on Sat for the third time this year Peter ! lol

3rd time this year!?

Crickey Rich! thats a very expensive piece of art in your garage! :eek:

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Oh, ask him about Lusty too, Rich learnt all his detailing skills from him ;)

106 GTi
Hence the sale :( Did more miles in the 106 in one day than I have done since September in the Clio. See why it has to go.

lol@ Gaz, Tango Doll and his BWW wax ....

ST
Hi..

Picture001.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Picture003.jpg

DSC00781.jpg

Hence the sale :( Did more miles in the 106 in one day than I have done since September in the Clio. See why it has to go.

lol@ Gaz, Tango Doll and his BWW wax ....

Yeah, i know what you mean buddy..Apprently your pretty well known over on MX5nutz too..there's a fellow who knew you as a Mod/Admin on a Pug forum apprently..:)

Hello ;)

ST
A few reasons matey...

Made me cry everytime i washed it..

I also got top dollar when i traded it in and the R27 in its own way is quite special and as insurance on an M3/Teg 5/V6 is still a bit silly for me i'm more than happy with it..

BMW F21 125d
If only my black 172 was so clean and shiny!. Ideally it gets down once a week, but weather and work can get in the way. I washed it on Saturday and then on Saturday night this sandy rain sh!te (you must know the sort) fell from the sky and now its closer to brown than black!

106 GTi
That Sandy rain is annoying me, washed the GTi on Friday, and had to do it again tonight, need that 182 out of the garage Pedro !!!!

Same here.

I washed my car after coming home from Rich's house, the next monrning it was topped in sand.

The neighbours must think im getting paid for the amount of times ive been washing cars this week!

Clio 182ff
Im always cleaning mine, i cleaned it on Friday and we had some horrible dirty rain and by saturday morning when i left for work my car was worse than when i started...! But wouldnt have any other colour

Clio 172 mk2
Good pics, black cars do look amazing when they are fully cleaned and polished up.

Owned a couple of black cars and found them difficult to keep looking in good condition. Wouldn't own one again as I'm too lazy to clean my car once a week.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I clean the Megane after its been driven (typically once every two or three weeks)

RenaultMeganeSport22503-08-2007002.gif

and the Scenic doesn't get cleaned very often, was cleaned last night after several months

GrandScenic06-05-2007007.gif

Shed.
Between 2-3 times a week. During the summer i can clean the car up to 5 times a week from pure boredom tbh.

Dont think ill get another black one but i find the constant maintenance needed is fun and a challenge, and the results are mind blowing, i get a lot of people saying how good it looks.

DSC01451.jpg

80MPG BEEZA
i barely clean mine, the more you wash a black car to more swirls you put into it at's always the case, i gave mine a quick wash last week before that was over 2 months ago and before that was about 3 months

my car was on the meguiars top 25 french cars stand at fcs last year and had no problem at looking clean

my advice is just clean it when you need it to be clean

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
you most be quite excited as its the best 182 left in the country

I am actually!

I mean ive always loved 182's and ive had one before, but to Black in itself is a completely different kettle of fish!

Lots of work ahead of me.:)

you do know by buying this you've assumed inheritance of the rich detailing methods, so it will be a toughie to keep minted

visualize whirled pe
I havent cleaned mine in over two months, there has never been enough time or the weather has been too crap to do a half decent job.

The last time I tried I didnt even get the thing half wet before I got agro of my girlfriend because there was some daft errand she wanted me to do.

Black cars differ wildly from silver in that you have to really spend way more time to get a decent job. Spend 1/2 an Hour with a hose and a sponge on a silver car and it will look no different then if you spend 4 hrs on it, try doing the same with a black car, especially if there is ingrained dirt in gaps and behind the trims and you'll end up in a streaky mess...

It is easily the best colour, on any car, but only when clean.

I am actually!

I mean ive always loved 182's and ive had one before, but to Black in itself is a completely different kettle of fish!

Lots of work ahead of me.:)

you do know by buying this you've assumed inheritance of the rich detailing methods, so it will be a toughie to keep minted

It's a good job he say's he is staying on then! ;) :cool:

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
every week unless its pissing it down, dont get a chance at unless its the weekend.