ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FAO Central and South Scottish Members - New Monthly meet poll

Which evening/s suit you best?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Hi All,

@sburrell93 and myself have been discussing starting up a regular meet to be held on the same evening each month. We're going to alternate between Glasgow(ish) and Edinburgh(ish) for each month. We'll trial this for 3-4 months and see how things are but the meet will have at least 1 of us in attendance come what may and whoever turns up turns up.

We're thinking that we'll go for the 3rd week of every month starting this month.

Please pick what evenings in the poll suit you best. The weekends have been deliberately missed off due to that being when the less regular meets will happen - Knockhill/karting/drives etc etc.

Cheers
John and Stuart

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
@Alan @ali1202 @arg_carra @Arran_ @Badlacie @Big hyndy @CallyTeee @clio_truk @cliostu @Cr51say @Craig.M @Cupman29 @dalemalley @Danneff @Djw Dave @DrHammershaft @Fraser.J. @.GAZ. @Gaz_H @Gaz85 @Heez @Holty @Jbm172 @JCC @JezzaMac @jgvonza172 @Kennyneil95 @Leel82 @lokqust @Lou @MarcR @Mark_P @neil a @Paprika123 @scotty10 @StevieSAW @stuart_s182 @w33 brl @Wee_Billy_92 @172 Scott @DotDotCurve

I've tried to include everyone who had their name down in the 'Members in Scotland' thread as well as any names I can think of off the top of my head. If I've missed anyone else you know of in the area please tag them or get them to vote in the poll.

The more votes we get, the better an idea we can get on what day suits people best.

Cheers everyone.

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
due to working in Aberdeen I wont manage any mid week meets, unless that changes

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
@Djw John @sburrell93 I know this is possibly pi$$ing in someone else's pond but can we try something along the lines of meeting once a month at the Bo'Ness car museum.

The ford RS owners club have a meet there once a month, There is a small car park (12ish cars) there is a bar along with soft drinks and you can order food also (Chips, Burgers, toasties and crisps & chocolate) there was a small soft play for anyone with kids who wanted to take them along altho i think this might now be gone.

Its a warm welcoming place where all we can talk about cliosport stuff in the rain and cold and go over meets & events and it also gives us a chance to look over peoples cars and have a chat also.

IMO its well worth contacting the museum to see if this is something we can do as there is no fee to the RS owners club and the owner open's up from around 7pm till 9/10pm for this.

Just my 2p's worth.

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
@Djw John @sburrell93 I know this is possibly pi$$ing in someone else's pond but can we try something along the lines of meeting once a month at the Bo'Ness car museum.

The ford RS owners club have a meet there once a month, There is a small car park (12ish cars) there is a bar along with soft drinks and you can order food also (Chips, Burgers, toasties and crisps & chocolate) there was a small soft play for anyone with kids who wanted to take them along altho i think this might now be gone.

Its a warm welcoming place where all we can talk about cliosport stuff in the rain and cold and go over meets & events and it also gives us a chance to look over peoples cars and have a chat also.

IMO its well worth contacting the museum to see if this is something we can do as there is no fee to the RS owners club and the owner open's up from around 7pm till 9/10pm for this.

Just my 2p's worth.

Not a problem at all mate, we're welcome to suggestions :)

The plan was to hopefully get a decent location in the east and west that we could alternate between, meaning everyone has a chance to get to a local meet if they wish, and at a push they'll maybe be travelling 10-15 miles to their local one (apart from the few who are a fair distance out), but this sounds like a pretty ideal location.

At the very least, it's somewhere we could add into a list to alternate between, but we'll talk it over and see what we can come up with. Sounds like a location that would possibly be best kept for weekends or similar, rather than just a few hours on an weekday evening.

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Nando's is ALWAYS a good shout 😂

I did think about Braehead for the Glasgow-ish location and there's a nando's there. Depends on member locations though, Braehead is a decent distance west.

E46 M3 & Ph1 172
All good shouts. Personally think the meets should move about the country every month so that its fair on as many people as possible.

Used to go to Hondatech meets many moons ago and they were held monthly at different places around the country, worked perfect.

I've voted for all 5 days, as depending on my roster and what dates of the month the meets are on will depend if i can make the meet or not.

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Going purely off the vote above, we will be holding the first of these monthly meets next Thursday (20th November). I'll post up an event thread and if everyone could RSVP that would be ideal!

For this month, it'll be in the East as 90% of the votes for the Thursday are from guys over that way, but we'll play it by ear for the following month's meet over in the West as it's a bit spread out as to who can make what days and we would like to try and get something that'll suit everyone.

Will link the event thread for anyone in here when I set it up.