ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO DCI Owners, and those with remaps.

Shed.
perferably the dci 100 owners, but 80's can tell me where its at too.

What bhp did you end up with after the remap. After youve had it done whats it liek to drive, still good on fuel etc etc ? im think of somehitng a little more ecconomical tbh. i can live without the revs and the lack of power. but are they frustrating when you wanna have a little bit of fun ??

80 dci with a remap your looking 105ish hp
100 dci with a remap about 125hp

A bit less for less powerful ones a few more depending on the mapper and how much they open the window etc.

Toque and mid range are much more noticiable though with a remap they do liven them up a lot.

There good to drive though with a reamp they do feel none manurfacturer mapped as such if that makes any sence as there so much torque low down and not the top end as you expect after feeling the low down power as such.

There just as good if not better on fuel dpend how you drive most owners say mpg does up since they unknowingly use the torque more to drive and lower rpm as such.

there juts as much fun as any car you have to work around ever car anyway its just a feature.

Megane 1.5dci
I have only just got my dci100 and I must say it's pretty quick in std form for an oil burner. I just downgraded from a 3.0i V6 Honda to the dci100 to save some cash on my fuel bills :( It has loads of torque and although I have considered a remap I really can't be bothered, it's good enough. it's doing 55mpg average and that's without worrying how I drive it.
My only niggle is the noise - it's not as sweet as a v6 :)

CTR/Fabia vRS
Get one of the VAG TDi's. I sold my Trophy and now have a Ibiza FR TDI, 130 bhp standard and after a remap I should be looking at 170-180bhp and 290ish Ib/ft torque!!

182BG
yeh i was read that in your thread about buying a dci.

I never considered them before, but along with the 50+mpg and the £35 p/a road tax and the £300 insurance is music to my ears :)

Megane 1.5dci
I get an average of around 55 MPG from my dci 100 and that's not worrying about how I drive it. It's almost too cheap to run.... :)

Shed.
lol yeah which is why im looking at one. Cheap as f**k, and the 100's can be remapped to 130ish iirc ? even with the s**t rev range they must still be fun to drive ?

CB600FS
i can live without the revs and the lack of power.

Lol.

With a remap your laughing, speak to Pmurray on here, revs easier, ever gears got more, goes to 5k easy, 100+ in 4th and to top it off better MPG. We're not saying DCIs are rocketships but the remap makes all the difference.

Speak to edde hes driven his own and mine round the ring (80 with a remap) and he noticed the difference virtually straight away.

1.5dci65 Dyn/Billabong
I've got the dci 65 (altho my insurance company seems to think I have a DCI 80 for some reason) don't know whether its worth remaping it but at the mo i'm getting average 56mpg, thats with mostly motorway driving, altho if it stays in town, averages out to around 62mpg.

Clio Dci100 Dynamique
ive got the 100, lookin to change it for a williams in a few months actually ;)

its between 125-130bhp :) wot sorta mileage u gettin out of ure williams for a tenner / tank full etc?

I've got the dci 65 (altho my insurance company seems to think I have a DCI 80 for some reason)
Mistake on the dealers at registration its easy to check which you have the 80 has an intercooler the 65 don't.
wot sorta mileage u gettin out of ure williams for a tenner / tank full etc?

About 30~35mpg depends how you drive so at 97 a liter 68~80 miles on a tenner. Also deend some are better than others.

Speak to edde hes driven his own and mine round the ring (80 with a remap) and he noticed the difference virtually straight away.
Yep its never notiiable.
lol yeah which is why im looking at one. Cheap as f**k, and the 100's can be remapped to 130ish iirc ? even with the s**t rev range they must still be fun to drive ?
Get the 80 IMO over the 100 the gearbox is better and nicer to use.
125hp or so remapped depends where you go.

There fun with any amount of Hp using the cars ability to the fullest doesn't matter if you have 15k rpm and 3000hp or 2k rpm and 50hp .

1.5dci65 Dyn/Billabong
Mistake on the dealers at registration its easy to check which you have the 80 has an intercooler the 65 don't.quote]

I rang Holdcrofts they have it down as a 65, says on the reg docs as well, plus it aint got the blue 'i' on the dci down the side.