ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO Engine bods - Whats happening? Pics.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
DSC00938.gif

DSC00939.gif

Basically my car is leaking coolent. I think its from the thermostat housing but i dont know what i need to replace as the thermostat thing comes in 5 pieces :(

Does this look like its leeking from a gasket or does it look like something else?

Thankyou :)

BMW M5 & E36
Hard to tell what we're meant to be looking at from the pics. If it is the 'stat housing, drain coolant, take the housing off, clean/dry everything and re-seal using some loctite instant gasket stuff.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Hard to tell what we're meant to be looking at from the pics. If it is the 'stat housing, drain coolant, take the housing off, clean/dry everything and re-seal using some loctite instant gasket stuff.

I wouldn't know where to start mate...

Il clean it up and see if i can see anything first... If not i think il take it to grays house and he can take it to bits for me. Is it worth just buying a new gasket as they are only 7 quid from renault...

the pictures are underneithe the air filter thing :eek:

BMW M135i
Temp sender doesn't look too brilliant from the scale around the base but its hard to tell from those pics tbh.

340i
When I had a quick look the other day it looks like the pipes have been off before (new clips and not O.E front pipe?!)..

As said Luke, we will need to remove air box and have a proper look, give it all a clean... then run the car up to temperature, check for leaks.

VRS
When I had a quick look the other day it looks like the pipes have been off before (new clips and not O.E front pipe?!)..

As said Luke, we will need to remove air box and have a proper look, give it all a clean... then run the car up to temperature, check for leaks.

pipes have been off before as it had samcos on it :D

replaced with jubilees as they are easier to manage than the standard clips

iirc it just needs a new gasket, the coolant loss was minimal when i had it so never bothered to change it just checked coolant very few months

should be an easy fix if your changing it luke :D

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Aye shouldn't be too bad. Cheers andy :)

Just FYI it failed its MOT today but only needed rear pads and a number plate light.

:D

Matched inlets and yozza system are on way so all i need now is a maxogen!