ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO: Joe - Fault Code Reader

Skoda Fabia vRS

hi Joe, ive just been on the phone to Halfords in Burnley and they said they havent got one, Gunson dont do them, but there gonna ring Haynes and ask em for me how much one is

im not expecting it to be cheap !

Skoda Fabia vRS

they got back to me, and the guy who called me said the only Haynes stuff Halfords deal in is the books, none of the garage equipment or anythin like that, he did suggest a Haynes book which apparently gives some information on how to get the codes without the help of a reader, im gonna go into my Halfords and see if they have one open i can look at

Brun m8.. the Renix ecu outputs codes via rs232 protocol.. you cannot use the common tricks to read this (like a simple led and resistor).. I have the book, dont bother, it will tell you nothing of interest..

I will drive over there this afternoon and take a look.. there was defo a reno one on the shelf last time I looked.

Joe. - will let ya know.

Skoda Fabia vRS

cheers Gazza, ive seen those 2 before, been searching myself, however i think there pro ones and likely to cost a lot, plus i wouldnt have a clue where to buy one from

cheers Joe, and what do you mean by Renix.......?....

Skoda Fabia vRS

bump ^^

p.s. Joe, could you email me, if possible id like to discuss a problem with you....

brun@cliosport.net