ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO: Ktec Stealth owners with a cat installed

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Im thinking about getting the "KTR SUPER STEALTH MILD STEEL EXHAUST SYSTEM" as my current system is annoying in on long journys and all stainless systems are normally quite loud. The Yozzasport stealth is nice but £400 posted isnt cheap compared with this system for £230 posted.

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=2774

Ill also be removing my de-cat as this has made sitting at 70/80 even more painful!

My question is how loud is the Ktec stealth system with a cat still in place? Most importantly at around 3k revs when sitting at around 70/80mph on a motorway?

Cheers
Dan

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I have the cat-back system fitted with a maxogen, and tbh i find it quite noisey at motorway speeds. I would only de-cat mine if it was a weekend/evening toy.

Sounds great when giving it some beans though.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Hmm :( This is meant to be quieter as it uses 2.25 bore pipe and I assuming a slightly more restrictive mid box?

PH1 172 Sport
Ive got mine fitted with a sports cat and its pretty quiet when crusing on the motorway. It only get louder when you accelerate or reach an incline.

172 Cup
I'm thinking of changing to the mildsteel Ktec stealth as well with standard CAT as a replacement for my not so great sounding rattly standard system. Havent seen many posts on people that have installed it.

M2 Competition
The system you've listed is a different sysem to everyone thats posted above has.

They have the stainless steel system. This is nothing like it.

Should be a close to standard exhaust sound fella.

i've the 2.5" stainless on mine and think it's fine on the motorway. it's only ever 'noisy' at fairly large throttle openings and it seems to boom a little around 4k, off throttle, as it coasts down from higher rpms. it's never particularly noisy to me though.

stuff like this is fairly subjective and depends on your own perceptions; it's often the way that you have to 'bite the bullet' and find out for yourself by shelling out - or finding someone with the same configuration as you're planning, and having a go in theirs

ed. from Peperami's point - if the SS is considered noisier than the mild, can't see the mild being a problem (again, subjective)

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
ive not got the mild steel system your talking about but ive got the 2.5" stainless system and ive ran it with and without a cat.

with a cat you pretty much cant hear it around town, motorway its very quiet, not much louder than standard when your up to speed.

without a cat its not too bad when your steady croosing about but loud when going up hill etc

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
The system you've listed is a different sysem to everyone thats posted above has.

They have the stainless steel system. This is nothing like it.

Should be a close to standard exhaust sound fella.

I know mate, thats the point as its meant to be quieter than the stainless..so if the stainless seems quiet to people at the moment then the mild steel will be perfect.

Clio 172 Phase 1
Does any1 know wether the "silenced" decat from ktec does affect the performance? And is it much quieter than just a decat?

BTW the ktec stainless option is 300+ vat, so the yozza isn't really that expensive (assuming that inc vat).

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Does any1 know wether the "silenced" decat from ktec does affect the performance? And is it much quieter than just a decat?

BTW the ktec stainless option is 300+ vat, so the yozza isn't really that expensive (assuming that inc vat).

Thanks for the hi-jack! :)

Well im comparing the quiet KTR to the quiet Yozza, so there is a big difference.

I have the silenced de-cat and it improves torque like most de-cats, makes more noise and fails MOT's, thats about it. I doubt you would see f-all bhp difference and every RS Clio seems to under perform anyway. Our recent RR day proved this!

Clio 172 Phase 1
Sorry about the hi-jack ;).

As far as I know we do not have emission tests in NL, so won't fail MOT on that ;). Just needs a cat by law :).

Thanks for the info btw!

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Had this system fitted the back end of last month. Top quality system that went on like a dream according to the fitter. Most of the time you'd not know there's an after market system on. Subtle growl as pull away on a light pedal and once you're up to speed and hold it not really any louder than standard.

Megane 2 GT 165
Sorry to be off topic ;)

@ Speedstar : We do have MOT emission tests in Holland. I bought a second hand "sports cat" I believe 200 or 120cell...brand unknown. (still pleased with it Franx !! ) However it does not come through MOT / APK and smells like a rats ass. Needs to come off next month for APK (Dutch MOT)

/Off topic

I'm intrested in the Mild steel exhaust so if anyone has some more info / experience, please share it with us, as my standard exhaust will start falling off soon (it's been on there for like 2 years) :p

Clio 172 Phase 1
Tnx for enlightning me :).

Sports CAT is a waste of money imho. Doesn't give the increase in HP like a decat and costs hundreds of euro's. And what good is it if it fails MOT ;). But then again, you probably wouldn't have bought the sports cat if you knew that in advance :p.