ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO Mr DASH

GR7

Shiny red R32

Dash

As you have had your Mk1 V6 for some time, what do you think about the excellent reviews published recently in Autocar and Auto Express on the Mk2 which will be available shortly?

As these reviews state that much has been improved on the new car, does it make you feel as though you now own an inferior V6? (No disrespect Dash) Would you replace your car for the new one or are you perfectly happy with yours?

I had a look at a new Mk1 unregistered one like yours last weekend and I really like it, but at the time I was sitting in it, I wondered about what thoughts Dash might have on the old versus the new!

GR7

Shiny red R32

I am not telling you where it is in case you get there before me Teady!!

:cry:

Would you go for the Mk1 or would you wait for the "much improved" Mk2? Sounds like a washing powder advert!!

Clio v6

Gr, I have read the reviews on the "All New" v6. My personal opinion is that Mr Schumacker must have had a test drive in a v6 Mk1 ( the old crappy one ), and mentioned that it fealt a little wayward when going round a track at 150mph. So of course it got the tag of being twitchy.

I do think Renault could have got TONS more power from a 3 litre ( always thought 230bhp was a bit odd ) even 255 is still conservative.

As I have said many many times on here, I cant for the life of me get my V6 to handle badly or get twitchy etc. In my 172 I only had to go to the shops and the car was all over the road. I am told that 2.0 litres in a wee shooping trolley was going to give a very scarey driving experience. One which required a lot more driving skill than I have. I got used to the "dangerous handling" of the 172, but was told it wasnt dangerous, I had gotten used to its ways.

Gr I would ask some other v6 owners and see if they have manged to get their car into half as many horrifying moments as other cars they have driven.

You dont do a lot of miles I noticed so your tyres bill will be far less than mine. ( the v6 likes good tyres )

When I go for a blast ( and I mean averaging 130+ ) I notice I use about twice the amount of petrol as the 172 used.

The only down side is the Mk1 v6 is very eye catching and you will get lots of starring and finger pointing, and the odd chuckle when people walk into lamp posts :) Oh and I forgot to mention the flack you will get on the forum if you havent got the latest and fastest car LoL. If you have the funds you may consider buying a few Saxos for improved forum credability.

Replace it?

I do like the blue thats the only part of the reviews that sways me. In a few weeks the Mk2 v6 will be sl*gged off for some reason or other, probably then the v6 Mk3 will be on the drawing table ( if it isnt already ) :)

GR7

Shiny red R32

Thanks for that Dash. Unlike you, I wouldnt be driving at 130mph but I just LOVE the chunky look of the V6 and the other day when I sat in one, even my husband liked it, (he hates Clios and calls them girls cars) particularly when the salesman started it up, the sound was great compard to my 172, which to me sounds like an ordinary car. My Pug S16 sounded so much better, people could hear it coming up the road! But it did have a K&N induction kit, Scorpion exhaust etc.

Hubby surprised me by actually saying "Do you want it?" But I am not sure that I have a good enough reason, other than I really love the look, even though it is the Mk1 and not the Mk2 and silver which really suits it and I am not really a silver car person as I think they are too common, but I have only ever seen one V6 on the M6 last year. So the V6 even in silver is NOT COMMON, not round here anyway.

How many V6 Clios have been made and sold in the UK? This one was numbered 731 - what number do you have Dash? I met a guy the other night with a blue one and he reckoned that there are only EIGHT BLUES in the UK! I am waiting for Jeremy Townsend to let me know if this is right.

I am thinking about the silver, but if I think for too long and it has gone, then it wasnt for me!

Astra 1.9cdti XP

Girlracer just get it you know you want to! Plus there will be slightly more paintwork for you keep clean. AND when your finished with it and it only has an extra 500 miles on the clock I can buy it off you :)

I prefer the look of the Phase1 V6 as it has the grille that the Phase2 Mk1 Clios had and looks a bit more "family". Apart from that, hopefully the "superior" Phase2 V6 will reduce Phase1 V6 residuals and I will be able to afford one!

You could get the Mk2 in toehr colors...like yellow and you could also choose the inside trim.
For the Mk1, you could get the rear suspensions arranged by some ex guys from Alpine/Renault Sport, Dieppe, Normandy.
Also a turbo is available for the MK1...around 450bhp but the guy dont want to do the job on an every day car...too dangerous LOL

Quote: Originally posted by GirlRacer on 24 April 2003

But I am not sure that I have a good enough reason, other than I really love the look,
Sounds like a perfectly good reason to get it to me GR!!! :D

I would love one myself and use it as a second sunday car as the running costs would be to expensive with the mileage that I do...aaahhh one day!

CTR EK9 turbo

id get the mk.1 because i think it looks more radically different from the normal clios - especially the 172s. From seeing pics of the mk.2 V6, although i like the looks a lot and obviously the performance is a bit better, i still prefer the mk.1 V6s looks (due to it being soo much different from the normal 172s.) The only mods id get on a mk.1 V6 would be Mk.2 rear lights and the ECU/exhausts from the mk.2 V6 or what other mods theyve done to it....

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by geordiepaul on 24 April 2003

50% of the reason for buying of a car is looks the other 50% is performance IMO so the V6 would be perfect.
Perfect for who? Me?????

I will show my other half the replies I get and see what he thinks. I think he wants me to get the V6 - he probably is secretly wanting a drive of it, even though he dislikes Clios. It still wouldnt keep up with his Beemer though!

Watch this space!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.stopstart.freeserve.co.uk/smilie/dazzler1.gif

Astra 1.9cdti XP

50% of the reason for buying of a car is looks the other 50% is performance IMO so the V6 would be perfect.
Perfect for who? Me?????

Perfect for anyone!! Including you!!

Clio v6

Please note the above does not apply when looking for a mating partner.

S2000

Oh, come on Sylv, play fair! Go on tell me!!:cry:

Ill remember this you know, you wont get a go in it when i get mine! Go on tell me!!Go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on,................. go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on!

Would you go for the Mk1 or would you wait for the "much improved" Mk2? Sounds like a washing powder advert!!
It’s sssooo annoying when they do that, tell you they’ve made the perfect car/washing powder (whatever) then just a year or so later, say “well actually that wasn’t the best, but the new and improved is!”

I know it’s all just down to progress, but you do feel a bit dooped when you save your hard earned cash for ‘The best’ and they do that so quickly!!

It seems to be a trait of Renault at the moment, give us a few more years to enjoy what we’ve got!! Or upgrade it in the first place….Rant over :mad:

Teady- The one in Sighthill is now sitting in the car park and has been registered! So if GR telling the truth! then not that one. The only other V6 in a garage that I know of is in the Mazda garage at the back of Murrayfield but dont know if its been registered or not.