ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fao of people who have fitted performance cams

182,mx-5 mk1,mev sonic 7
my clio 182 is standard if i fitted aftermarket cams does that mean instead of it coming on cam at say 5krpm which it does just now it would be higher than this if so what is yours starting at?
if i fitted cams do i bin the phaseshifter pulley and fit an adjustabe pulley does that work?or do people not bother doing that?
:D

RS RIP
mine retained the pulley. Most aftermarket brand cams that say they will run on oem management retain this. When going for very wild cams that need another ecu to run, then adjustable pulleys may be needed for finetuning

i've got Colombo & Bariani Cams, almost the same profile as Schrick. These are just about the nastiest cams to run on standard ecu retaining VVT ; running oem ecu

When wanting adjustable pulleys you should know what your dealing with.. take it to a respected-well known good tuner to set it up. Not nessescary when choosing cams to run on standard ecu !

182,mx-5 mk1,mev sonic 7
why are colombo and bariani so popular ive never heard of them until i owned a clio!!!

RS RIP
Because they performed very well on just a couple of cars on here, compared to schrick they are a bit cheaper. Your next good choice is Cat cams.

The C&B cams will cost you about 900 euros. Schrick around a 1000 . Cat a little less then these both.

RS RIP
i made 161 at the wheels before with a Group N map and ITG panelfilter + exhaust. With the cams + inlets it made 174 on one run , think 172 was the last output. Torque is just above 200NM now , it's an awesome ride ; just right

i will look up the before + after graphs. I do'nt really like to look at those ; important is how the car drives at the end of the day ! My cup weighs around 950KG , with this power it is like a cart

RS RIP
Scannen0001-2.jpg

AFTER

Scannen0004.jpg

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172
You need to be dead careful when doing this as its difficult to run these on standard management without the car freaking out all over the shop.
I ended up getting an omex ecu fitted which in my opinion lets you set the car up how ever you like.
At first the car was producing wild gun shots on de-excellaration but mpg was really poor, now its been set up again its running about 27mpg which i think is pretty good

You need to be dead careful when doing this as its difficult to run these on standard management without the car freaking out all over the shop.
I ended up getting an omex ecu fitted which in my opinion lets you set the car up how ever you like.
At first the car was producing wild gun shots on de-excellaration but mpg was really poor, now its been set up again its running about 27mpg which i think is pretty good

Thats on a standard engine with Cams and an Omex 600? FWIW My cup on CAT428's with Sirius engine control returns 35 - 37mpg and makes 190 beans give or take between 7300 and 7600RPM.

Cheers
M

RS RIP

Hi JPH , are you also running C&B cams ?

Ph1

What cams are you meaning mate?

Must be something wild as most cams play happy going down the tweeked ECU route

MPG shouldnt really be a issue either. Mine happily sits at 40+ mpg at 70 ~ 80 mph with drop down blasts inbetween

RSTUNER'ED-C&B'ED RS-1
C&B's can very well be coupled with the stock ECU, not a need of a standalone. Of course stock ECU needs to be remapped. Frank's and my car (a ph-1 172) produce almost the same power with highly similar mods (same cams, 4-2-1 mani, decat and etc.) + Henk@FASTCHIP fully custom remap.

RSTUNER'ED-C&B'ED RS-1
^^^this one is even worse, there is no way to have 80 BHP loss for a FWD car. I am pretty sure your car will make more when it is RR'd on a different dyno.

Clio Sport 172 ph1
^^^this one is even worse, there is no way to have 80 BHP loss for a FWD car. I am pretty sure your car will make more when it is RR'd on a different dyno.

I'm pretty sure of that. But I've made my choice and it would not be wise to change RR now. I've made 2 runs so far and 1 is still to go (after the final calibration). Power on the engine seems right thou. I would be happy to see more but at least I'm sure it's accurate. I know of cheaper RR that you get 10BHP extra just for showing ;)